E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lowering with Eibach What shocks should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am lowering my car with some Eibach springs & figured if I keep my stock shocks I will wear them down quickly so I was thinking of getting some shocks but wanted to see what you guys might think. I was thinking of Bilstein(I had them before on my old car). Is there something that is better for the E60?

I just bought some 20's & the tire rubs the bottom of the shock, are there shocks out there that can avoid this or are all of them going to sit at the same height?

Peace
Old 11-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Get Koni shocks.. i just bought them from shox.com
Old 11-19-2005, 05:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I just lowered mine with h&r coilovers great ride handles like it should no boble heading and not overly stiffer than before some bumps transmit into the cabin but those are the ones you can hopefully see before you hit them. I am happy with the set-up you may need camber plates though just ordered some.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I do not get it

What's wrong with BMW's own lowering kit?

I would think they had the best option??
Old 11-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an

What bmw lowering kit are u speaking of? The only one that i know of would be the one that came on the sport package from the factory. That one would be rediculasly expensive to retrofit i would think and also may be optamized for the active steering package. Also the dealership installed my coilovers for me and are actually thinking about offering the set-up as part of there performance parts line. I recieved a call from my S.A. and he wants me to bring the car back in to let the brass look at it go figure
Old 11-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Along this same line, what are your thoughts about putting coilovers on a car with Sports Pkg like mine? I have the Sports Pkg and I didn't lower my car but it rubs with my 20s. I think the shocks are kinda soft so I was thinking of getting coilovers to be able to dial in ride height and compression. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, Rix Mix, I had Koni adjustables before too and they were great. Then again, Bilstein also makes awesome shocks so I don't think you can go wrong with either. What wheels did you get?
Old 11-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

I am not sure how the sport package will work with any suspension changes seeing that it has active steering. But in driving both the sport and non sport the sport set right but was a little soft on the ride compared to my current set up. The H&R unfortunatly dont have ajustbility other than height, K&W make a coilover package that has height compression and rebound adjustable but they are about 2400 dollars but they are beatutiful.