E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Love-hate with my car-Feels fast again and love it

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have had a love/hate relationship with my 07 530 since I got it. I initially loved it and was enjoying it and then wanted more so did the whole mod thing-intake, exhaust and software. Got it back and had fun again. Then for the last 3k miles or so the car has felt just sluggish and slow and thought it was the heat-which does make a huge difference atleast for me in a I6 car. I know you big HP guys dont notice but when you are hovering at 260ish hp-the cold air makes a big diff-especially if you have a big intake sucking air.

Anyway-still hot here but this past 3 days my car has felt so fast again and just overall responsive, quick and I love it again. It is not like it is in my head or something as I can feel how much I get thrown back in my seat and when it felt sluggish I was not feeling nearly as much push as this past few days.

Only things I can think of are-car has 9k miles exactly.

1. Big cone filter on the air intake took a few thousand miles to get a bit dirty--and I believe I read a slightly dirty filter actually filteres more air-not surei f that is true.

2. The mods I have-especially teh software along with the intake/exhaust took a couple thousand miles to "adapt" or learn how to work together.

3. Engine just is completely broken in at 9k and the parts are working more efficiently

4. none of the above and just randomly my engine started pumping out more hp

who knows-Definetly love my car again and am enjoying it!