E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lost of audio

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Anybody experience a complete lost of audio before? Today I experience the problem for the 2nd time, no audio at all like from warning sound or stereo. The 1st time I experienced it wasn't enough time for me to try anything this time I tried everything and still no go then I called the dealer and I was in the area then since I was a few corners away I stop by and the SA came to take a look but seems that his face showed sort of confusion and even one of the lead tech tried various thing and still no go even the CD time track counter going like no problem.

The SA scheduled me to drop the car on Thursday but he seems to try to shoot in the dark him self as I ask him how long it would be and he replied not sure.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

We had this issue back earlier in the year, but this should not apply to you as your car is newer then the PROGMAN this called to upgrade to . Maybe a combination in some new configuration has a similar problem.

SI B 65 02 06
Sound System, Cruise, Alarms, Monitors March 2006
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B65 02 06 dated February 2006.

designates changes to this revision

SUBJECT
CCC: Loss of Audio in All Modes

MODEL
E90, E91 (3 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation and SA 677 (Top HiFi)

E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation and SA 677 (Top HiFi)

E63, E64 (6 Series) with SA 677 (Top HiFi)

SITUATION
The customer states that there is a sudden loss of audio in any audio mode (Radio, CD, etc). The audio is restored following a change of audio source (for example from FM to CD). If the customer turns up the volume using the volume knob when the audio is out, the volume may be at a very loud volume when the audio is restored.

CAUSE
Software error in Top HiFi.

PROCEDURE
For all vehicles, on a customer complaint basis only, refer to the following procedure:

Update the complete vehicle per SI B09 05 01 (Coding, Individualization, Programming) Procedure B.

E60/61 use Progman V21.00.00 (Target Data Status E060-06-03-510) or higher.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

cobradav, it doesnt seem like hes experiencing the cut in the music, he is also lossing the warning signals, the dongs (beeps), so im guessing you need a new CCC ....
Old 12-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Ooops, you are right, missed the chimes part

Yep, a module or connection on the bus is likely culprit. Audio CCC, or Audio Ask depending on system configuration (NAV or non-NAV)
Old 12-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Members
Senior Members

cobradav, tkx for the input... I have a non-NAV and when I lost the audio changing source didn't restore the audio, I even tried turn the engine on/off then remove the key and lock/unlock the car... then today all well which make it harder somehow to bring it for service tomorrow but at least the SA already saw when it acted up...

I'll try to remember to ask for a copy of the Measures plan and / or Final report per your suggestion so at least I know where I stand and I'll update here of what's their finding...

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='371627' date='Dec 27 2006, 07:39 PM
Ooops, you are right, missed the chimes part

Yep, a module or connection on the bus is likely culprit. Audio CCC, or Audio Ask depending on system configuration (NAV or non-NAV)
Old 12-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

madoon, I leaning toward possible CCC culprit too, as it doesn't cut the audio while is working it did it after I went to lunch (at least the last time yesterday) so the car been off in the parking lot for at least an hour or so and when I got in I lost all audio until this morning when I started the car in my garage so somehow vibration didn't effect it but not sure what.

Originally Posted by madoon' post='371579' date='Dec 27 2006, 05:02 PM
cobradav, it doesnt seem like hes experiencing the cut in the music, he is also lossing the warning signals, the dongs (beeps), so im guessing you need a new CCC ....
Old 12-28-2006, 02:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

if you have Pro Navi.(CCC).. then try to reboot the idrive (press Eject DVD + Eject CD + Volume Button (mute/radio power)) hold them simultaneously for a few seconds...
this should restart the idrive hopefully audio will come back..
if not then the only way the i drive reboots is when it goes to sleep after about 20 min of turning her off and leaving,, which your probably not going to do, so visit the dealer ASAP to fix this problem..

i am guessing that even the chime for the seat belt, or the low fuel, and open doors dont make a sound either, sound like a CCC problem, very difficult to understand even the dealer who replaces the part doesnt really understand what really wron...
Old 12-28-2006, 06:17 AM
Members
Senior Members

Well I don't have Pro-Navi (so I guess no CCC), I dropped the car at 8AM and got a lame loaner ...a Pontiac G6 :thumbsdown:... and the same SA that saw my 'no audio' issue couple days back kinda worry a bit when he checks it and this mornin' everything seems to be OK (I guess make things a bit harder to troubleshoot when all funtioning as it should)... so we shall see how it goes later today...

Originally Posted by madoon' post='371743' date='Dec 28 2006, 05:53 AM
if you have Pro Navi.(CCC).. then try to reboot the idrive (press Eject DVD + Eject CD + Volume Button (mute/radio power)) hold them simultaneously for a few seconds...
this should restart the idrive hopefully audio will come back..
if not then the only way the i drive reboots is when it goes to sleep after about 20 min of turning her off and leaving,, which your probably not going to do, so visit the dealer ASAP to fix this problem..

i am guessing that even the chime for the seat belt, or the low fuel, and open doors dont make a sound either, sound like a CCC problem, very difficult to understand even the dealer who replaces the part doesnt really understand what really wron...
Old 12-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Members
Senior Members

Well almost 4PM here and the SA called and would like to keep the car overnight as they are going back-n-forth on the PUMA system or some sort and still no clue... now they are suspecting TCU problem and may need replacement but they need to make sure first... sigh...
Old 01-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Members

I've had my 550i for about two weeks now. I'm experiencing the same problem. No sound at all. This pisses me off to no end. A $70K two week old car already screwing up. I guess I'm driving my trusty Ford F-250 tonight. :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: Lost of audio