E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Looking to buy a FULL M5tech/Mtech body kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are my options? Do you guys prefer the Mtech bumper over M5tech or vice versa?

1. Do they make lips for both bumpers?
2. Any other sellers on here that can give a discount?
3. How much will it run me?

Thank you so much
Old 08-19-2011, 02:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umnitza and Trinity both sell m5tech check with them. Umnitza sells mtech replica also which is pretty spot on, I would have got that if it was available back when I purchased a front bumper instead of the m5tech and only because of the hartge lip. The m5tech has a hamman lip replica but it sits too low and is not functional for most drivers for everyday use.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Banned

My Ride: E60 550i

Hi
What year and model?
we have the one for the Pre-LCI

Do take a look
http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Access...96683-684.html
$1349.95 + Shipping
Keep in mind ours is GENUINE BMW... so it will be more expensive than the replicas out there.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 545i Manual, Sport, L7
Model Year: 2005

After reading and comparing these two bumpers I ordered Mtech from Umnitza. which is on his way hopefully I'll get it next week. I did not ordered a full kit just front bumper and sides for $606 shipped.I do not think rear makes that much defference but I will see. Painting gonna cost $500 and I will install it myself. I also ordered brake ducts from ECS tuning for $60. So all this gonna run under $1200.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Members

I'm trying to educate myself here on the parts so I apologize in advance if I'm asking dumb questions.

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Umnitza and Trinity both sell m5tech check with them. Umnitza sells mtech replica also which is pretty spot on, I would have got that if it was available back when I purchased a front bumper instead of the m5tech and only because of the hartge lip. The m5tech has a hamman lip replica but it sits too low and is not functional for most drivers for everyday use.
Picture of this hamman lip replica for the m5tech front?

Originally Posted by bimmerzone
Hi
What year and model?
we have the one for the Pre-LCI

Do take a look
http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Access...96683-684.html
$1349.95 + Shipping
Keep in mind ours is GENUINE BMW... so it will be more expensive than the replicas out there.
I have to pass on this offer because I'm looking for a replica instead of the OEM ones. Thanks anyway.

Originally Posted by Margal
After reading and comparing these two bumpers I ordered Mtech from Umnitza. which is on his way hopefully I'll get it next week. I did not ordered a full kit just front bumper and sides for $606 shipped.I do not think rear makes that much defference but I will see. Painting gonna cost $500 and I will install it myself. I also ordered brake ducts from ECS tuning for $60. So all this gonna run under $1200.
I couldn't find the brake ducts on the ECS tuning for my 535xi...link?
Also dumb question is dumb but does my factory front bumper have the brake ducts too?? what is it for anyway?
why do people put brake ducts onto their m5tech bumper?? for the looks? or it actually does something useful.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 545i Manual, Sport, L7
Model Year: 2005

As far as I know brake ducts direct the air to the brakes to cool them. I do not know about M5tech but I know that stock brake ducts won't fit to Mtech. here is the part# 51117896587 and 51117896588 enter it on ESC site. I think this helps.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ujelly
I'm trying to educate myself here on the parts so I apologize in advance if I'm asking dumb questions.

Picture of this hamman lip replica for the m5tech front?

search the forum, I think a member name Impertrini (???) installed it recently but had it broken in half since it was low plus his car was lowered. Also member Mr.Orosso posted a pic of his set up in the Umnitza's vendor section, I think. FYI, only Umnitza has the lip for the M5tech bumper.

I couldn't find the brake ducts on the ECS tuning for my 535xi...link?
Also dumb question is dumb but does my factory front bumper have the brake ducts too?? what is it for anyway?
why do people put brake ducts onto their m5tech bumper?? for the looks? or it actually does something useful.
if you're using your stock fog with the M5tech bumper, you do not have to worry about the brake duct. Only Mtech bumper needs to be concerned since the duct is in a triangle shape and the current one is squarish. A member here recently posted a pic of the Umnitza Mtech rep installed and did mention about this in his thread.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

There have been quite alot of posts saying how the Umnitza MTECH rep front bumper is the same as the OEM MTECH front bumper and that the actual hartge or hamman lip "should" fit. However, as far as I know, I haven't seen an actual thread where anybody that has the rep bumper actually have the said lips installed. Even Umnitza hasn't confirmed definitively that aftermarket lips would fit. So to me it's still up in the air on that one. If somebody saw a thread otherwise, please post a link.

With that in mind, if you want aftermarket lips (or diffuser for the rear bumper) I would go with OEM Mtech. Aftermarket manufacturers base their products' dimensions on the OEM, not the replica. The same goes for the M5Tech front and rear bumpers.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
if you're using your stock fog with the M5tech bumper, you do not have to worry about the brake duct. Only Mtech bumper needs to be concerned since the duct is in a triangle shape and the current one is squarish. A member here recently posted a pic of the Umnitza Mtech rep installed and did mention about this in his thread.
Aren't the M5tech fogs cirle? I don't think i can use my stock fogs to install it on the M5tech cause it won't fit (its square...kinda)?
I was going to pay extra $120 for the fogs that comes with the M5tech kit from Umitza
Old 08-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Senior Members

I think if you have LCI then you will need to buy the fog kit but pre-lci should fit without additional parts. I'm still undecided on which kit to get since no one has confirmed the fitment of a splitter for the Umnitza's Mtech front yet.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a FULL M5tech/Mtech body kit