E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Looking to become first time bmw owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by spediegunz
im seeing as i go around test driving and bargaining that these cars get great resale value.
Great resale value? I paid $30k for my 08 w/ 21k in '10 that had a sticker of over $60k. That is over 50% depreciation in 2 years for a car under warranty and an additional CPO warranty after that. These cars tank again after the warranty is up. Maybe if you buy out of warranty and sell out of warranty the depreciation isn't that bad?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
Great resale value? I paid $30k for my 08 w/ 21k in '10 that had a sticker of over $60k. That is over 50% depreciation in 2 years for a car under warranty and an additional CPO warranty after that. These cars tank again after the warranty is up. Maybe if you buy out of warranty and sell out of warranty the depreciation isn't that bad?
LOL ok
Old 06-06-2011, 05:04 AM
Members

watch out for instant happiness and a LOT of blowjobs
Old 06-06-2011, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ignicknoct
watch out for instant happiness and a LOT of blowjobs

You have to be careful though.. they come from all over.. not just hot chicks.. or chicks at all. Be prepared to fend random people off.. unless you're into that of course.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Metallic Silver Grey M Sport Aero Dynamic Kit | M Sport Suspension | Business Navigation | Sports Front Seats | M Sport Leather Steering Wheel | Sunroof | PDC | 18" M Sport Double Spoke Light Alloy | M Spoiler | LCI Tail Light | HID 6000K 2010 Mazda CX9 Aluminium Metallic

Bring
My
Wallet

Seriously. Make sure you have deep pockets!

My warranty just ran out last year and for some reason it's now drinking oil every 1500kms
Old 06-06-2011, 05:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by crypto
You have to be careful though.. they come from all over.. not just hot chicks.. or chicks at all. Be prepared to fend random people off.. unless you're into that of course.

This is true, everybodys going to want a piece of your shit. Also, its funny but I think its because I'm maybe a little young to have been able to afford one of these compared to the other poeple in my area... I never realized it before but now I know what rappers are talking about when they use the word "hater". I get some seriously mean glares driving around in my 5-5-0. The ladies however, all up ons.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Members

Expect the worse for any scenario. If you are looking at a high mileage car that has expensive repair costs then make sure you have the funds if something were to go wrong. Even basic maintenance can be expensive if you want to maintain your car properly.

There can always be added costs many don't think about initially. An example is I drive a 550 and live in an area where we get plenty of snow in the winter. I have thousands invested in summer tires and another set of winter wheels and tires. I had a new Mercedes not too long ago that blew out 2 tires in a few months which cost an average of $325 a tire. Point being I have more spent in tires and wheels in just the last few years than some of my relatives pay for whole cars. This is what people mean by nicer cars are more expensive to maintain all around.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Roundel550
Expect the worse for any scenario. If you are looking at a high mileage car that has expensive repair costs then make sure you have the funds if something were to go wrong. Even basic maintenance can be expensive if you want to maintain your car properly.

There can always be added costs many don't think about initially. An example is I drive a 550 and live in an area where we get plenty of snow in the winter. I have thousands invested in summer tires and another set of winter wheels and tires. I had a new Mercedes not too long ago that blew out 2 tires in a few months which cost an average of $325 a tire. Point being I have more spent in tires and wheels in just the last few years than some of my relatives pay for whole cars. This is what people mean by nicer cars are more expensive to maintain all around.

take this with a grain of salt - i drove a K car before i got my Bimmer and a brake job cost me $1300 for it ( i sold the car for $300 recently).

any auto repair is expensive its just a little more expensive on these things - but I personally would expect a better ROI for the higher quality stuff in the luxury cars.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

Be prepared for family members to start asking to borrow money, and expect you to treat them to dinner on random occasions. My younger brother(23)now wants to hang out with me more frequently. His swagger is at the highest when he's in the front passenger seat, and passing females are a constant target for him to practice his lines
Old 06-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren-Werke
Be prepared for family members to start asking to borrow money, and expect you to treat them to dinner on random occasions. My younger brother(23)now wants to hang out with me more frequently. His swagger is at the highest when he's in the front passenger seat, and passing females are a constant target for him to practice his lines
you guys are killing me with these expectancies... I might actually like some of the attention at first