E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7 Center Speaker - what's sticking out of it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Automatic, Gray in color, two axles, four wheels, brakes

On the center speaker near the windshield on top of the dash board, there is a small rectangular box protruding from the speaker grill. What is this?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - Steptronic - Logic 7 - Sirius Satellite - CD Changer - Cold Weather Pkg.- Fold Down Rear Seats - Comfort Seats Mods: Dinan CAI - RPI dual intake scoops - Euro AHL Bi-Xenons - LED Angels,
Model Year: 2004

Yes, that is a sensor to detect incoming ICBM's! No, that is the "Solar Sensor" for the IHKA control panel or aka "integrated automatic climate control system" ja ja ....So the system can tell if the sun is out or not and adjusts the interior temperature accordingly. You can even program it to send a message if you have factory bluetooth phone to Starbucks to order appropriate temp for your Latte, also the appropriate SPF sunscreen for your wife or girlfriend before you hit the beach as it checks for solar flares. No worry if no bluetooth phone, the IHKA saves the reading in your Key FoB then take it to Starbucks to scan into their computer and perfect latte every time!! cool trick is to put your heated bagle from Starbucks on the solar sensor then it fools the computer and then makes the inside very cold then turns on your wife or girlfriend's headlights, if you know what I mean! UU Das ist der bomb!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Automatic, Gray in color, two axles, four wheels, brakes

Originally Posted by B_Schnell
Yes, that is a sensor to detect incoming ICBM's! No, that is the "Solar Sensor" for the IHKA control panel or aka "integrated automatic climate control system" ja ja ....So the system can tell if the sun is out or not and adjusts the interior temperature accordingly. You can even program it to send a message if you have factory bluetooth phone to Starbucks to order appropriate temp for your Latte, also the appropriate SPF sunscreen for your wife or girlfriend before you hit the beach as it checks for solar flares. No worry if no bluetooth phone, the IHKA saves the reading in your Key FoB then take it to Starbucks to scan into their computer and perfect latte every time!! cool trick is to put your heated bagle from Starbucks on the solar sensor then it fools the computer and then makes the inside very cold then turns on your wife or girlfriend's headlights, if you know what I mean! UU Das ist der bomb!
Oh, that makes perfect sense (some of it). Thanks! On my way to Starbucks now since they have my order...