E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7 Benefits

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' post='127942' date='May 13 2005, 10:26 AM
Superb sound, even when listening to the Radio. Today I had a station on with some club music and it sounded as if I was listening to a CD.
Is L7 the first audio system to step up an audio source's quality?

Mind you there are those who listen to MP3.

ABC
Old 01-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530dA 3/2004

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='128019' date='May 13 2005, 09:49 AM
Logic 7 uses something similar to this. It analyses the music and then directs certain frequency ranges to certain speakers.... for example, human vocal sounds fall in a midrange which Logic 7 directs to the center channel speaker. But, other sound which are in the same range as the human voice may also get directed to the center channel, even if that is not supposed to be the correct soundstage location.
Are You sure?
Basically DolbyProlog system uses the "hidden" voices which are basically tunes whose phase is shifted. So that You cannot hear those in normal stereo environment = phase is 180 degree shifted so that they ignore each others.
What is delivered to the central speaker is mainly mono voices = same signal in both left and right speakers. Not because of its frequency range.
What is delivered rear speakers are those phase shifted signals.
Correct if I'm wrong.

About Logic 7:
I had a vehichle with Hifi Lautsprechersystem, Yes, it was a very good system. Then I sold it and bought similar car which I understood had a same system (I didn't notice that Hifi system professional as different).
I was suprised that specially the low end was better and generally the system deliver more pressure. Just to realize yesterday that it in deed it is a Logic 7... (if You adjust tone You see only bass & treble, but not equalizer at first sight.)
Old 01-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530dA 3/2004

Originally Posted by So-Serene' post='349650' date='Oct 28 2006, 10:04 AM
Where exactly are the 12 inch subwoofers? Are they visiable? I don't see them.
Thanks
Those are "only" 210 mm = less than 10 inches. Those even look (if You open the cover) tiny with relatively small magnet. But the sound: vow!

btw: this is the first car audiosystem in my life that I cannot continuously keep at max not getting my years humming!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Senior Members

has anyone listened to the premium hi-fi in the new S class... with dvd-audio disks its bloody good
Old 01-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

When I first got my 5 I set up the Logic 7 and put it in Concert Hall mode and it realy sounded great then I got the MY2006 X3 with Premium Sound and it has qiute a few more settings than the Logic 7 and IMO it sounded much better. After fooling around with the Logic 7 to make it sound better I noticed that when I put it in Concert Hall a few days later it would go to the off position After taking it to the dealer,JMK,for service work they upgraded the CIP to 23.02.01 and the problem with it gong out of Concert Hall was solved and it sounds great..
cheers
vern
Old 01-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Members

Is it just me or does the L7 sound awful from outside of the car? I'm not one of those window down look I can bass, but when I have the system on in full the whole outside of the car rattles like I have a cheap aftermarket system with no soundproofing. Does this have to do with the moving of the subs under the dash from under the seats. It gets embarassing and I turn it down whenever in traffic and stopped even though I like it loud with the windows up becasue I don't want to look like a trunk rattler. Seams to mainly be the front side fenders making noises.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by WebDefy' post='380172' date='Jan 18 2007, 03:01 PM
Is it just me or does the L7 sound awful from outside of the car? I'm not one of those window down look I can bass, but when I have the system on in full the whole outside of the car rattles like I have a cheap aftermarket system with no soundproofing. Does this have to do with the moving of the subs under the dash from under the seats. It gets embarassing and I turn it down whenever in traffic and stopped even though I like it loud with the windows up becasue I don't want to look like a trunk rattler. Seams to mainly be the front side fenders making noises.

No. It is because the speakers are not well isolated from the outside. Basically, inside the door panel, the speakers are just playing in an infinite baffle setup.... so their sound is going inside the car just as well as outside.

When I installed custom stereos in my previous cars, we began by disassembling the entire interior of the cars. Then we applied layers of dynamat and sound dampening spray to all the metal surfaces. This reduces the rattles and pings which occur from metal resonating with the heavy bass. (You know, the ghetto license plate banging sound?) It prevents vibrations, essentially. Once that was done, we designed sealed enclosures for all of my speakers. This way, their sound would not be directed outside the car... but inside... and the speakers were well protected from the elements outside. (Often when you take off a door panel toa car, you will find that nothing is protecting the factory door speakers from the rain outside. Believe me, you would be shocked.

Our BMWs have not been well damped for audio. The primary reasons for this are: cost and weight. It obviously costs money to do this sort of treatment, and customers are not likely to give a rats ass about it... so why spend it? Secondly, sound dampening works by adding weight. Dynamat is basically just a thin layer of asphalt with glue on one side. So when you add a few rolls of the stuff, it adds a significant amount of weight. I'm sure BMW doesn't want to sacrifice adding weight for improved acoustics in their cars.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='380205' date='Jan 18 2007, 11:00 PM
[...] I'm sure BMW doesn't want to sacrifice adding weight for improved acoustics in their cars.
Neither do I.