E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7 is awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 06:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 535 Alpine White

Originally Posted by Shlooky
My EQ is set to your typical shallow V pattern, higher base and treble, lower mid range but not too low.
I have the logic 7 system and i dont know how i should set my EX. I have the left side set to the middle and goes up like a ladder to the right. I have my base set to high but not all the way.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KLR4LIFE
I have the logic 7 system and i dont know how i should set my EX.
I ALWAYS keep my EQs flat. My home system just has a volume knob and an input selector. I set up the speakers and I know they're in the right position for me, and I trust that BMW did the same. I fall back on the producers of the album and believe they set the levels where they want it.

Some bootleg recording though, yes fudge with the levels...

People train themselves to like bad sound. Damn near every car I get into has bass and treble up, I don't understand it. I think it sounds 'louder' but that just isn't right to me. I know this isn't the popular position, but listen to it flat for a while and see where you fall.

I get crap for this stance and the best come-back anyone has said is that they'd bet music producers have the bass and treble up in their cars too. Honestly I still don't know if it'd change my point of view, I like the sound better that way and personally think that's how it should be.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2014 535 Alpine White

Originally Posted by BSLNoel
I ALWAYS keep my EQs flat. My home system just has a volume knob and an input selector. I set up the speakers and I know they're in the right position for me, and I trust that BMW did the same. I fall back on the producers of the album and believe they set the levels where they want it.

People train themselves to like bad sound. Damn near every car I get into has bass and treble up, I don't understand it. I think it sounds 'louder' but that just isn't right to me. I know this isn't the popular position, but listen to it flat for a while and see where you fall.

I get crap for this stance and the best come-back anyone has said is that they'd bet music producers have the bass and treble up in their cars too. Honestly I still don't know if it'd change my point of view, I like the sound better that way and personally think that's how it should be.
I liked how it sound when i had it on flat and theater mode selected. It gave me a even balance when it came to songs that had a lot of bass and songs that didnt. I want to add a box to my trunk to get more bass and not stress my speakers.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:58 AM
ADD
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BSLNoel

+1 on this stance for home settings if your room is properly acoustically treated and set up.

However, a car is not a perfectly acoustically treated environment. Lots of glass and other hard surfaces to enhance reflections of certain frequencies, multiple speakers for a two channel system that is creating a pseudo surround format. To a certain extent, adjusting the eq in a car to account for that makes sense.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Ogg
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Logic 7 Navi 2002 M5 Reps Remus Exhaust

how were you guys able to get the aux input to work? i know there are probably a lot of threads about it.. but i had the dealership try to put in the ipod adapter, i have the aux input in my glove box, but have had no luck getting it to work. i have an 04 545i
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

The iPod interface replaces the CD changer, with some coding.
My CD changer is now sitting in my drawer and up for sale if anyone wants it.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by Ogg
how were you guys able to get the aux input to work? i know there are probably a lot of threads about it.. but i had the dealership try to put in the ipod adapter, i have the aux input in my glove box, but have had no luck getting it to work. i have an 04 545i
If your AUX is plugged into the MASK or CCC properly then you need coding. If you do not see AUX as an available source to select then it's just coding. If you DO see aux then your Aux is not plugged into the back of your unit properly. If your dealership didn't know that, then shame on them. So which situation is it?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by turboawd
yeah, i wouldnt not buy a bmw without the upgraded stereo in it. the logic 7 is awesome.
1+ Not an audio person but was worth the price.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Ogg
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Logic 7 Navi 2002 M5 Reps Remus Exhaust

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
If your AUX is plugged into the MASK or CCC properly then you need coding. If you do not see AUX as an available source to select then it's just coding. If you DO see aux then your Aux is not plugged into the back of your unit properly. If your dealership didn't know that, then shame on them. So which situation is it?
I do not see AUX as an available source.. I shelled out mucho cash to try to have that hooked up, and after having it for over a week with no luck, they just put XM in for free. Id much rather have a hook up for my ipod then XM tho