E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sure it has been brought up before, Does anyone know a site that has the details on the logic 7 system? like # of speakers, power, ect? Also when using the Idrive menu to swtich from concert or theater, I dont notice much difference, for those of you who know alot of this system, which type of music is best for theather and concert.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Members

This will help a bit.

Regards

Jack-E61
Attached Files
Old 08-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Members

I don't use logic 7's concert and theater modes. I think the music sounds more natural without going through the digital signal processor.

Eitherway, the sound is awesome with the premium sound package from Harman Kardon.

Harman Kardon's glossary for logic 7.

http://www.harmankardon.com/technology/def...Logic%207%C2%AE

Here is the review of Logic 7 on the 645. I think the premium sound package is the same on 5 series and 6 series.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/bmw/6serie...ialpage=page002

-----------------
System Score: 9.0

Components: Our test vehicle had the $1,800 Premium Sound Package, which swaps out the standard eight-speaker system for a 315-watt, 13-speaker Logic 7 sound system and a six-CD changer inconveniently mounted in the back of the glovebox. The Logic 7 system is made by Lexicon, a premium division of Harman International (Harman is also the parent company of better-known brands like Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL and Mark Levinson). This stereo aims to provide a "surround sound" experience by routing two-channel sound (CDs, that is) through a "seven-channel playback matrix." This is technically not a true surround sound experience as in the 2004 Acura TL, in that the system can't play DVD-Audio discs that are recorded in six channels to begin with and can then be transmitted exactly though the TL's 5.1 surround sound system. However, that discrepancy in semantics doesn't mean the Logic 7 system can't produce good sound anyway.

Speakers are liberally distributed throughout the cabin, and included in the array are tweeter/midbass driver combos in all four corners, a center-fill speaker on the dash and a pair of subwoofers.

The controls are all routed through the iDrive interface that consists of a central screen and a controller knob mounted on the console. Tuning and storing radio stations is still a needlessly complex procedure, but satellite steering wheel buttons make it possible to take care of basic functions without diverting your attention from the road. In addition to the usual tonal adjustments and Digital Sound Processing (DSP) settings (theater versus concert hall), there are seven separate equalizer adjustments that allow owners to fine-tune the listening experience across the sound spectrum.

Performance: Even though it doesn't offer a true surround sound experience, this Logic 7 system makes for a sensational listening experience. No matter what type of music you like to listen to, be it metal, rock, hip hop or classical, your favorite songs become part of a glorious soundstage with deep bass, warm highs, a lively midrange and no distortion even at very high volumes. The multiple equalizer settings are particularly useful if you have older albums that were originally recorded on analog equipment ? 1980s tracks that sound a bit flat on most stereos get a new run at life on the 645's Logic 7.

Best Feature: Fantastic soundstage.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Members

WOW! You guys are quick! This forum rocks! Thanks for the quick responses!
Old 08-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have it on the concert settings.. Don't hear much difference between concert and theater..
Btw. no true surround sound the test says.. Does this mean when DVD playback is available it won't be surroundsound???