E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7 – What’s the FIRST song I should play

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Nov 2003 530D SE Auto in Mystic Blue with Grey Dakota Leather, Business Nav. Star Spoke 124 18"s, Blootooth Preperation. Modifications so far: M5 spoiler, M5 trunk finisher, hometronic rear view mirror, Maple Wood interior trim. Mods to come: M5 style quad exhaust and M5 rear bumper, Dechroming, black ebay grilles, tints, upgrade to factory amp, by the time I've done these, I'm sure I'll have thought of some more....

you'll have to give us some idea of what kind of music you like first!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 520dSE black xenon adaptive headlights beige leather logic7 sunroof

Originally Posted by AlVal' post='327455' date='Aug 27 2006, 03:29 AM
you'll have to give us some idea of what kind of music you like first!
I like everything really - except jazz.

What I am looking for I think is a song with excellent recording quality but at the same time a bit of a rock anthem them will want me to put petal to metal! Something that will showcase the logic7 sound. I thought the Hotel Califirnia suggestion was good. Someone else suggested it needed to be something live, so in a rock and roill vein I would maybe steer to a Dave Matthews number like Crash (bad omen).

As a complete alternative, I could also see an epic classical number - Holst's "The Planets" or the like.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:06 AM
Members

My Ride: On Order - BMW 520D M Sport, Carbon Black, Auburn Leather, CD Changer, Logic 7, Folding Mirrrors, Rear Spoiler, Dark Poplar Wood, Shadowline Current - BMW 320 M Sport Convertible

Originally Posted by buddman' post='327462' date='Aug 27 2006, 04:04 AM

What I am looking for I think is a song with excellent recording quality but at the same time a bit of a rock anthem them will want me to put petal to metal! Something that will showcase the logic7 sound. I thought the Hotel Califirnia suggestion was good. Someone else suggested it needed to be something live, so in a rock and roill vein I would maybe steer to a Dave Matthews number like Crash (bad omen).

As a complete alternative, I could also see an epic classical number - Holst's "The Planets" or the like.

Anything by U2 - With or Without you, Pride etc
Old 08-27-2006, 02:23 AM
Members

My Ride: Nov 2003 530D SE Auto in Mystic Blue with Grey Dakota Leather, Business Nav. Star Spoke 124 18"s, Blootooth Preperation. Modifications so far: M5 spoiler, M5 trunk finisher, hometronic rear view mirror, Maple Wood interior trim. Mods to come: M5 style quad exhaust and M5 rear bumper, Dechroming, black ebay grilles, tints, upgrade to factory amp, by the time I've done these, I'm sure I'll have thought of some more....

Originally Posted by buddman' post='327462' date='Aug 27 2006, 10:04 AM

also, what kind of driving will you be doing.

I would guess if you'll have just picked up the car new, you won't be thrashing it!

assuming youll be taking an enjoyable relaxing ride, I recommend massive attack - teardrop

if you fancy thrashing it, then feeder - just a day (used on the euro intro screen for gran turismo 3 on ps2)
Old 08-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

It really doesn't matter what style of music you play, if the recording quality isn't good.... it will sound like crap.

I would suggest staying away from current, popular music. One of the unfortunate realities of the music industry is that, as the years have gone by.... the quality of music recording, in general, has declined.

You are more likely to find a well recorded CD from the late 1980s or early 1990s than anything current.
Back then, recording engineers were just better. They took time and care to record well, and master properly. And record companies did not interfere with the mastering process like they do today.

Try looking for some good jazz CDs produced during the early 1990s. That, or anything instrumental that might be similar.

Classical music is always an excellent way to test the quality of a good stereo, but the listener really has to know what to listen for to understand it. Plus, these recordings typically have a lot of reverb and other characteristics of the room where it was recorded.

But..... the first CD I play on any stereo of mine is:

Sasha & John Digweed - "Northern Exposure" Sasha & John Digweed - "Northern Exposure"

Best mixed compilation, ever.

The sound quality is also superb.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 520dSE black xenon adaptive headlights beige leather logic7 sunroof

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='327480' date='Aug 27 2006, 08:05 AM
But..... the first CD I play on any stereo of mine is:
Sasha & John Digweed - "Northern Exposure"
Best mixed compilation, ever.

The sound quality is also superb.
SubterFUSE- CD looks very interesteing - I'll get one off eBay and give it a go.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Senior Members

Pink Floyd's "What Do You Want From Me," from Division Bell, seems to hit a broad range of notes.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' post='327513' date='Aug 27 2006, 10:24 AM
Pink Floyd's "What Do You Want From Me," from Division Bell, seems to hit a broad range of notes.
Odd synchronicity going on here in that that is the very song playing on my iPod at the moment I read your post. And I haven't listened to Division Bell in months...

Going towards the classics, I enjoy Ariel Ramirez: Misa Criolla as sung by Jose Carreras in the Philips recording when played through Logic 7 on my 525i.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='327359' date='Aug 27 2006, 02:34 AM
DVD? Cant beat a live show! I saw it 2 years back in NY. It was awesome! But PVC pipes on L7? That cant sound good... J/K its awesome! I love their soundtrack!
Yeah, I've seen them twice in Berlin and will se them again this fall.
They move to a different theater in Berlin next year and will have a second theater in Oberhausen this fall, so they have two difefrent locations in Germany.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

Fear Factory's "Cars"

Quick Reply: Logic 7 – What’s the FIRST song I should play