E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Locking Wheel Nuts

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 520d with BMW Night Vision, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pro Logic 7, Pro Nav with DVD changer and TV, Aux in for Ipod, Hella White Taillamps, Red Angel eyes, HUD, BMW Individual Backseat DVD with infrared headsets, Alp White 3, Comfort Seats with ventilation electric memory, sunroof, PDC, Alpine remap, M-Sport, Dynamic Drive, Steptronic ..... (ALL OPTIONS) (Why not get all options then buying a bigger engine?)

Thats nothing i once had my gas stolen. I parked my car across the street of a friends house. I stayed there all night. Next morning i started the engine and it stopped in 30 secs because they stole allthe gas in the tank. First they broke the gas cap then stole it. I have alarm but nobody heard or listened because an alarm going on is just regular and a normal thing in Turkey nobody considers it.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Touring M - Carbon black

Originally Posted by cattman' post='306425' date='Jul 3 2006, 01:37 PM
That's aweful. I asked my wheel guy if he recommended locking bolts, but he said no. He said basically all they do is slow down thieves a bit, and he pointed out that they are more likely to just take the whole car, anyway.
Sucks. Will your insurance help?
I'm just hoping that I can slow them down enough so that they move on to somebody else's car.

It happened to a guy with a 911 who lives a couple of streets away. When he got his car back from the dealership the thieves came back and took his new wheels.

The insurance will pay up but unfortunately my premium will go up too. I would have covered the cost of the wheels myself but it looks like the damage caused by the jack / recovery will run to a few thousand.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Sorry to hear it.

I had a similar thing happen to me back in 1996 in Fairfax, VA. They got three of my wheels, and left the car sitting on the hubs/undercarriage. I let it sit for another month or so - the HOA was steamed but hey, why sweep it under the rug?

The hilarious part was, it was a really rare Celica AllTrac Turbo, all the parts were/are ridiculously expensive. Whoever decided to "do the job" targeted the car for the items they took. They left a ton of expensive stereo stuff. The insurance couldn't find any used wheels, so they had to buy them new from Toyota - I think the cost of replacing the wheels was a pretty significant percentage of the car's value.

I'll look for the picture. Pretty funny stuff looking back.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by BaranE' post='306517' date='Jul 3 2006, 12:48 PM
Thats nothing i once had my gas stolen. I parked my car across the street of a friends house. I stayed there all night. Next morning i started the engine and it stopped in 30 secs because they stole allthe gas in the tank. First they broke the gas cap then stole it. I have alarm but nobody heard or listened because an alarm going on is just regular and a normal thing in Turkey nobody considers it.

If gas prices keep going up it might be worth it for me to fly to Turkey just to steal your gas. Where is your car parked now??
Old 07-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

Its a very bad feeling you get when these things happen. Hang in there, and you will be amazed at the improvement if you decide to go without runflats.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Sry to hear about it. I hope it works out.