E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Liqui-Moly Engine Renewal Kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 06:34 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i stock
Default Liqui-Moly Engine Renewal Kits

Does anyone have any experience with using the Liqui-Moly Engine Renewal Kits (or any other for that matter) and if so were the results positive?
Old 04-19-2016, 10:38 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

no such thing as a miracle cure in a bottle, otherwise there will be no need for mechanics
Old 04-20-2016, 12:55 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i

actually, in extreme cases some of these "gunk removers" are necessary. But i wouldn't go putting them in my engine unless i knew my oil was developing gunk in my engine. (trust me it would be very obvious when you changed oil if it did).
Old 04-20-2016, 07:07 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Boost7
no such thing as a miracle cure in a bottle, otherwise there will be no need for mechanics

I understand, just wondering if anyone had used it on a high mileage car as they claim 25HP boost with the kit.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:08 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by DanielFD
actually, in extreme cases some of these "gunk removers" are necessary. But i wouldn't go putting them in my engine unless i knew my oil was developing gunk in my engine. (trust me it would be very obvious when you changed oil if it did).

Appreciate the response Daniel
Old 04-20-2016, 08:41 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530d

absolute waste of time, if your concerned about the guts of your engine or if it has an unknown history, run a good quality diesel oil for the next oil change or two and change it out at 3-4kmiles.

Diesel oil contrains extra detergents to deal with there messy blowby. I reccomend VW "PD" oil, the fully synthetic 5W40 oil as used in the PD diesel engines, due to the PD injectors the oil has extra additives to keep away metal on metal friction (there notorious for eating camshafts if ran on the wrong oil) and due to it being a diesel it has extra detergents which will clean up the crankcase and head. Im not a fan of doing oil flushes unless its a last attempt as find them very aggressive and have had the odd occations where so much gunk is dislodged at once that the oil pickup is blocked and the engine trashed. however thats just my thoughts on the matter Flushes have there place.

any kind of slick 50 / moly horseshit goes nowhere near any car I own, that stuff is outright, a hoax.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:38 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by evolotion
absolute waste of time, if your concerned about the guts of your engine or if it has an unknown history, run a good quality diesel oil for the next oil change or two and change it out at 3-4kmiles.

Diesel oil contrains extra detergents to deal with there messy blowby. I reccomend VW "PD" oil, the fully synthetic 5W40 oil as used in the PD diesel engines, due to the PD injectors the oil has extra additives to keep away metal on metal friction (there notorious for eating camshafts if ran on the wrong oil) and due to it being a diesel it has extra detergents which will clean up the crankcase and head. Im not a fan of doing oil flushes unless its a last attempt as find them very aggressive and have had the odd occations where so much gunk is dislodged at once that the oil pickup is blocked and the engine trashed. however thats just my thoughts on the matter Flushes have there place.

any kind of slick 50 / moly horseshit goes nowhere near any car I own, that stuff is outright, a hoax.
The info and opinion is much appreciated evolotion!! I will follow your lead in not letting any of that crap near Lil Kim
Old 04-22-2016, 12:35 PM
New Members

My Ride: 05 530i

I do not agree that these products are total crap and that if they were good we wouldn't need mechanic.
I worked on a customer's X3 that didn't change the oil for a very very long time, the vanos was completely caked with baked oil. I used a oil flush product and it cured the problems that the engine had, after two successive oil changes, the engine ran much better.

So if you are maintaining your car properly, probably no need for these products, but if you are neglecting your car they can help.

I still use some fuel cleaner once a year.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:23 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by frchdragon
I do not agree that these products are total crap and that if they were good we wouldn't need mechanic.
I worked on a customer's X3 that didn't change the oil for a very very long time, the vanos was completely caked with baked oil. I used a oil flush product and it cured the problems that the engine had, after two successive oil changes, the engine ran much better.

So if you are maintaining your car properly, probably no need for these products, but if you are neglecting your car they can help.

I still use some fuel cleaner once a year.
Appreciate the feed bacl frchdragon- The 550i I just traded for seems to have the valve stem seal issue as I have smoke coming out after extended idle so I thought maybe this would be good as it claims it can bring seals back to life but if it would mess up other components in the engine then it definitely isn't worth it.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:59 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by Shawn Eric Walker
Appreciate the feed bacl frchdragon- The 550i I just traded for seems to have the valve stem seal issue as I have smoke coming out after extended idle so I thought maybe this would be good as it claims it can bring seals back to life but if it would mess up other components in the engine then it definitely isn't worth it.

Try it..what do you have to lose, can't hurt

Quick Reply: Liqui-Moly Engine Renewal Kits