E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lifetime Sirius subscription

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

Some have posted previously that they were able to convert their one year complimentary BMW paid Sirius subscription into a lifetime subscription getting a $150 credit for the one year subscription BMW paid. This drops the lifetime subscription rate from $499 to $350. I called Sirius on several occasions trying to speak to different reps, some considered it, but came back after consulting their supervisor and told me I had to call back after my one year complimentary subscription is over and thereby not getting any credit for it. To me it just seemed like it my be a desirable feature on resale in a few years (subscription stays with the car) that they would have Sirius but never have to pay for it.

Has anyone been able to convert their BMW subscription into a lifetime one at a reduced rate?
Old 02-11-2005, 06:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

Very odd. Success!

After being told by repeated Sirius Reps that I had to wait for the BMW complimentary year to end prior to paying for a lifetime subscription, and not get any credit from the year. I called last night because I received a strange letter telling me my year of service was about to end, weird because I have only had the car for four months. As soon as I got the representative on the phone I made one last go of it and asked about the lifetime subscription credit, for some reason this time it worked. The rep gave me a $150 credit for my BMW subscription off of the lifetime one, so that I will never have to hassle with it, and it will go with the car, when I try and sell it down the line. I guess it depends which rep you get if anyone is also interested in this. It wasn't because my service was indeed ending, the rep said the letter I received was in error.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Grey Metallic SMG, Black Nasca Leather, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Ventilated Seats, Sat Radio, Split Folding Rear Seats

Is the first year of Sirius still included?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Members

Yes. BMW has a deal with Sirius that they give you a $150 credit on your account to use toward the first year's service. As anyone would expect BMW probably pays nothing or much less for that $150 credit being they are locking in subscribers. The hard part for me has been to get lucky enough to get a Sirius representative on the phone who would treat that $150 as real money and subtract it from the cost of the lifetime subscription. The lifetime subscription is normally $499, minus BMW's $150 is $349. So if you get lifetime subscription and keep the car a little more than two years it is worth it, plus when you sell the car it may slightly increase the value of your car being they will get to keep the service without ever having to pay anything for it.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

I would just hope they stay in business. My dad got sirius on a portable unit and they asked if he wanted a lifetime subcription. He asked if they were going to stay in business long enough for it to pay off. The guy on the phone started laughing.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Feb 11 2005, 02:31 PM
Yes.? BMW has a deal with Sirius that they give you a $150 credit on your account to use toward the first year's service.? As anyone would expect BMW probably pays nothing or much less for that $150 credit being they are locking in subscribers.? The hard part for me has been to get lucky enough to get a Sirius representative on the phone who would treat that $150 as real money and subtract it from the cost of the lifetime subscription.? The lifetime subscription is normally $499, minus BMW's $150 is $349.? So if you get lifetime subscription and keep the car a little more than two years it is worth it, plus when you sell the car it may slightly increase the value of your car being they will get to keep the service without ever having to pay anything for it.
[snapback]89128[/snapback]
Where can I find details on the $150 account credit?

I had my Sat radio installed about a month ago. I called to activate service as soon as I received the car back. Service rep took my name/address info, but no "method of payment" information. Costs/plans/etc. were discussed, but no final cost was confirmed..

A "welcome kit" was received in the mail, but no bill or payment information has come yet.

Is this the way it usually works? Is the "BMW year" automatic, meaning payment questions will not be asked for a year?

--Joe
Old 02-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Members

Year is automatic. I called Sirius at the number on their website (1.888.539.SIRIUS (7474)) BMW had already provided them with my information. They can also give you your included login information so you can stream their content over any internet connection when at home or office from their website.

If you do call and they tell you that you have to wait until your year is up, just call back and try again. It took my fourth time calling to get a rep to change my year, to lifetime and give me the $150 credit. I had luck finally when I called late at night.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 530i...

no wonder how the made there million customers....hey at least it was done .... renew your services everyone i have invested in Sirius
Old 02-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

I recently heard that Apple turned down Sirius to work interactively with them on a mobile hand held satellite unit. I believe XM has one now, but Sirius approached Apple, and they said no thanks. Who is going to win this race. If Sirius loses, where does that leave the E60s?
Old 02-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Sirius & XM have been discussing a merger, also..... although I have not heard any more about it for a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Lifetime Sirius subscription