E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

letter of Admisibilty from US to canada

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi Guys,

I am bringing a car from the states to montreal, does anyone have a letter of admisibility from BMW, it is presently at the border but needs this letter to pass,

does anyone have a copy they could PM or email me,

please let me know

Scot
Old 12-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Members

Or if anyone has a complete list of what will need to be done once i do get this letter, i have contacted BMW but they have not called me back as of yet, they are trying to get it to me today

i have had my DRL turned on already, but from what i read on the forums it might need to have the cluster replaced, as i am sure there is not much else to do, and i do not see a need to change the cluster when it has both Mp/h and Km/h

any comments?
Old 12-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Until late November 2007, there was a list of BMW's that met importation requirements. This has now been changed and the letter is required by Transport Canada and is to be issued BMWCA. My understanding is that after the changes last month, each and every BMW being imported into Canada requires a vin specific letter from BMW Canada. You will need to provide them with the VIN and they will issue a letter stating what changes need to be made to the vehicle for it to be registered in Canada. There is, of course, a charge for said letter.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='504176' date='Dec 7 2007, 05:30 PM
Until late November 2007, there was a list of BMW's that met importation requirements. This has now been changed and the letter is required by Transport Canada and is to be issued BMWCA. My understanding is that after the changes last month, each and every BMW being imported into Canada requires a vin specific letter from BMW Canada. You will need to provide them with the VIN and they will issue a letter stating what changes need to be made to the vehicle for it to be registered in Canada. There is, of course, a charge for said letter.

so far i got the charge at 350 cnd, fine no problems the big problem is that it is sitting at the border, and i have to wait 2-5 days for a letter that could easily be faxed over,

BMW CA is full of S&&T,

i have everything done already based on what was required by the RIV prior to the change on the 28th, DRL on, child saftey on, i should be good to go, hopefully nothing else major, there should be nothing required for the cluster as it is universal

thanks for the response!

Scot