E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

let there be light

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 03:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so if you have the socket, you also have a button to open the trunk?
Old 08-06-2004, 03:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I was wondering about that one too.. And it would be nice to know why we don't have the button over here.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Aug 6 2004, 07:32 AM
so if you have the socket, you also have a button to open the trunk?
I don't think so.

From the picture you can clearly see the "blank" where the trunk release button would be. I don't think there's any relationship between the OBD socket and the trunk release. Also, the OBD is required by law, I think.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Rudy is right. OBD socket doesn't mean you have or don't have the trunk release button.
The trunk release button is country spec, I guess USA only.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:49 AM
JDN
Contributors

Do we really need a trunk release on the door post. I use it because I used to use it with the E39 to save the key battery (Hoover chile ). But with keys that stay charged, why not just punch the key fob to open the trunk if you want to open while you are still in the cabin. Looks like a feature that could be eliminated so we can afford another cup holder.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Aug 6 2004, 04:49 PM
Do we really need a trunk release on the door post. I use it because I used to use it with the E39 to save the key battery (Hoover chile ). But with keys that stay charged, why not just punch the key fob to open the trunk if you want to open while you are still in the cabin. Looks like a feature that could be eliminated so we can afford another cup holder.?
There are a lot of situations when someone who is a passenger in my car jumps out, grabs his stuff and I continue driving. Currently I have to press the "open all doors" button so that my passenger can open the trunk. It would be better and faster to open it from the driver seat. The key button can't be used while the key is in ignition, because it get's charged and doesn't function...
I also have the situation that I drive through a security checkpoint a couple times a year, and the guards want to check my trunk. The usually wait for the trunk to pop up or for me to jump out of the car...
I really miss the button!!!
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2004, 07:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 6 2004, 06:39 AM
Rudy is right. OBD socket doesn't mean you have or don't have the trunk release button.
The trunk release button is country spec, I guess USA only.
Iceman

AFAIK, US and Japan specifically - according to TIS I have. No mention of any hidden connector for the trunk release button though
Old 08-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 6 2004, 09:05 AM
[There are a lot of situations when someone who is a passenger in my car jumps out, grabs his stuff and I continue driving. Currently I have to press the "open all doors" button so that my passenger can open the trunk. It would be better and faster to open it from the driver seat. The key button can't be used while the key is in ignition, because it get's charged and doesn't function...
I also have the situation that I drive through a security checkpoint a couple times a year, and the guards want to check my trunk. The usually wait for the trunk to pop up or for me to jump out of the car...
I really miss the button!!!
Andre hits the nail right on the head! This is something I would use a lot too and I now use the door unlock button so someone can open the trunk
Old 08-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Senior Members

Am I being stupid here, why not use the door unlock feature on the dash, then the passenger can open the boot/trunk themselves . I don't see what the big deal is?
Old 08-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

I don't want all doors open!!!
What about kids in the backseat...
And it's faster when you can open the trunk before the passenger is back there...

Quick Reply: let there be light