E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Led dtec h8 led angel eyes v9.5 100w review!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 04:25 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i Sport Package, SAT
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by turboawd
looks like your high beams are on. lol
As I said before. It is the camera lens glare effect. But the actual picture should show four well defined white rings. If I could find the way to remove that glare you'd be really amazed.lol
Old 07-15-2014, 02:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

what a marvelous way to enjoy the Ultimate Driving Machine
Old 07-15-2014, 06:00 AM
Members

Try raising the shutter speed of the camera, if it has a manual mode. You should be able to get it pretty close to what it looks like in real life. Personally, I think it's just the way our AEs were designed that the rings will never be the same consistent brightness.

If wattage is true, do you have any concerns about the heat inside your headlamp melting wires or yellowing rings? I switched back to halogens after one of my 10w Trinity leds died a few weeks back. The GP Thunder 7500k I replaced them with is a good bit brighter than the led during the day, but sacrifices a little at night.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:59 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

these look great. the ballasts fit inside the headlight housing with the screw on cap being able to be put back on right??? I had a set of REALLY bright ones, but that was the catch. How much do they cost you?
Old 07-21-2014, 04:14 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by darkrider
Try raising the shutter speed of the camera, if it has a manual mode. You should be able to get it pretty close to what it looks like in real life. Personally, I think it's just the way our AEs were designed that the rings will never be the same consistent brightness.

If wattage is true, do you have any concerns about the heat inside your headlamp melting wires or yellowing rings? I switched back to halogens after one of my 10w Trinity leds died a few weeks back. The GP Thunder 7500k I replaced them with is a good bit brighter than the led during the day, but sacrifices a little at night.
You are right about the bright of the outer rings. That is a design issue. However i can't complain about it.
they are much better looking than the regular halogen.

about the heat.... well when i first opened the headlight in order to remove the halogen there was already a sign of damage on the wires.so i think that this led will not make a huge difference.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:18 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by JDeezyNYC
these look great. the ballasts fit inside the headlight housing with the screw on cap being able to be put back on right??? I had a set of REALLY bright ones, but that was the catch. How much do they cost you?
Hi. Yes they fit really nice. The ballasts are small and you can lay them in the bottom of the housing without much effort. About the price all i can tell you is that i got a nice discount after chatting in their
website.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:32 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 Bmw 550i sport

Who needs headlights with Angel eyes like these?
Old 07-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

for 200 bucks they better be good
Old 10-28-2014, 07:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535i sports/premiuim/sound package

are you having any issues with the outer rings being dimmer than the inners? from the pics that you posted it looks like the outer rings are dimmer. I just purchased and installed the Dtec V10s and even though it's mentioned on their website that with the V10s dimmer outer rings would not be an issue, mine are definitely dim. waiting on a response from derrick to see if i missed something during my install.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:06 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by ssengsourya
are you having any issues with the outer rings being dimmer than the inners? from the pics that you posted it looks like the outer rings are dimmer. I just purchased and installed the Dtec V10s and even though it's mentioned on their website that with the V10s dimmer outer rings would not be an issue, mine are definitely dim. waiting on a response from derrick to see if i missed something during my install.
the outer rings will always be dimmer. No matter how intense and bright are the cree LEDs. It is a housing design for that headlight model.

Quick Reply: Led dtec h8 led angel eyes v9.5 100w review!!!