E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Leather Seat Repair

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Hi 5 Series Forum Members!!

I just bought a 2008 CPO AW N52 E60. I noticed that there is a little scuff on my drivers seat leather. I want to repair it, but I am not sure if my interior is Saddle Brown or Natural Brown. Need to know to get the proper dye to repair. Do any of you know what color my leather is donning? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Leather Seat Repair-1.jpg  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

I dont know the color but it sure do looks nice. Congratz on your new ride
Old 12-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' BMW 550i

you might want to use this product called Leatherique
http://www.europeanautosource.com/ca...g-and-car-care
Old 12-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I had a car repaired by a shop that specialized in paintless dent repair and it came out very nice. Find someone who is a pro at it because they can match it up much better than we can and they have the proper technique down already. If the color is scratched though, it will need to be dyed and this can be very tricky... If the color is not damaged and good leather cleaner and conditioner should work.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

I you call a dealer parts department and give them the last 7 digits of your VIN then they should be able to tell you what interior color you have.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Thanks for the replies guys. All of you were very helpful. I will call my dealership and give them my vin number to find out the color.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

For Canadian cars there was only Natural Brown in 2008 which is what your colour looks like to me but the dealer will be able to tell you.
Attached Thumbnails Leather Seat Repair-interior.jpg  
Old 12-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Originally Posted by Gilgorm
For Canadian cars there was only Natural Brown in 2008 which is what your colour looks like to me but the dealer will be able to tell you.

That is Natural Brown (thats my guess) I had an 08 it was called that but prior to 08 it is "Saddle"
Old 12-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Or come to think of it, what I would really do is call the dealer you purchased it from and have him read you out their original purchase option sheet (it is a print up that they have access to and is marked "confidential" because it has the previous owners information it) When I bought my 10' 535 I was able to get a copy of this to verify all the options because my sales guy knew diddly squat about the car he was selling.....
Old 12-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Senior Members

Thanks for the advice guys. I checked with the dealership and it is Natural Brown.

Quick Reply: Leather Seat Repair