E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"LCI-like" aftermarket tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Anyone here ever research or try these:

LCI-look tail lights

I'm curious to know if they are an accurate (or decently passable), plug-and-play representation, or a cheap (and cheap-looking) knockoff.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

There really should be a tally on how many of times this has been brought up.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

what's up Simon, feeling a bit condescending aren't we?

waddup Al, here's a few threads that might help..

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1129375

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1069994
Old 12-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
There really should be a tally on how many of times this has been brought up.

Lol - I've seen the Sonar lights thread discussions. The lights behind the rods seem to be the issue with those. These lights seem to be free of that problem, as viewed by the limited pics shown. If you have links/search tips to discover those other discussions you mention I'd appreciate it. Searching "LCI look", "LCI ebay", "light rod", and other terms yeilded limited results, hence my inquiry here. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
what's up Simon, feeling a bit condescending aren't we?

waddup Al, here's a few threads that might help..

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1129375

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1069994

Waddup Gene! I'm not exactly a newbie here so I did my google search but yeilded limited results (I shoulda asked your search mastery tail LOL!). OEM it is - let me stop trying to go the cheap route. I understand Bruce has exhausted his V6 supply so I was looking for an alternative. You answered my question lol. How come I haven't seen you on the Blvd? What are you driving nowadays?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
Waddup Gene! I'm not exactly a newbie here so I did my google search but yeilded limited results (I shoulda asked your search mastery tail LOL!). OEM it is - let me stop trying to go the cheap route. I understand Bruce has exhausted his V6 supply so I was looking for an alternative. You answered my question lol. How come I haven't seen you on the Blvd? What are you driving nowadays?
once more thread (I think bruce chimed in about possibly modding these ebay tails in that thread, 13 pages and I didn't read nor recall all of the content in it)

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1065790

But for sure my vote is for OEM

I'm still on in my e60, but back to stock, 124's and all....I'm on the blvd often, just different schedules I suppose..

My next ride (E90 M3) finished production 12/21 (per the automated system), not sure when it's going to ship tho or even if it made it out of the factory as the holiday shutdown is supposedly 12/18/2010-1/10/2011...I'm sure we'll see each other eventually
Old 12-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Contributors

Oooh man! M3 - that's HAWT!!!! Can't wait to see it! I've been wanting to pull the trigger on a new ride, but this is taking all my cash lol!:

"LCI-like" aftermarket tail lights-2010-12-17-14.01.28.jpg

"LCI-like" aftermarket tail lights-2010-12-17-14.01.17.jpg

"LCI-like" aftermarket tail lights-2010-12-17-14.00.05.jpg
Old 12-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

^congrats on the new house bro...guess i won't be seeing you on the blvd after all...we have a clinic out there in P-dale, but the bosses know not to send me out that far...I don't mess with the 14

Old 12-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
^congrats on the new house bro...guess i won't be seeing you on the blvd after all...we have a clinic out there in P-dale, but the bosses know not to send me out that far...I don't mess with the 14

LMAO!!! I don't blame ya. I'm up in Rancho Vista near the golf course. I may consider a return to Edwards AFB to avoid that drive lol.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

These are indeed Sonar lights and yes I did produce a cable for it. Demand was poor due to my price being high, so I didn't produce any more. I have one last set but I want to sell those with the Sonar lights that I had to buy to test my cables on, so that its a set.

These days, the price of the OEM lights have gone down so it best to stick to OEM because there is just no comparison.