E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LCI LED or GP Thunder H8 for Angel Eyes-Any brightness difference

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a direct comparison of any of the LED bulbs out in the market for the LCI E60 vs just a bulb replacement like GP Thunder 7500k. I have the GP Thunder 7500k now and like the white light but would upgrade if the LED's actually produce a brighter light during the day and don't dim when headlights turned on. tks
Old 02-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ntocamping
Does anyone have a direct comparison of any of the LED bulbs out in the market for the LCI E60 vs just a bulb replacement like GP Thunder 7500k. I have the GP Thunder 7500k now and like the white light but would upgrade if the LED's actually produce a brighter light during the day and don't dim when headlights turned on. tks
I also wanna know if LED is brighter. I currently also running GP thunder and want to maybe change them out to LED also.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Members

Fwiw, I tried the LUX H8 led lights, and while they were bright and nice color, I would CONSTANTLY get errors on my idrive about bulbs being burnt out. It would ding every 2-3min and say the message. Ended up returning them and putting OEM's back in. I did GP thunders for a bit 7500k, but like you said, they were kind of dim during the day. Although the OEM's are yellowish, they are at least very noticeable in the day from a distance.

Oh and fyi, these are only for LCI models
Old 02-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by dantheman1
Fwiw, I tried the LUX H8 led lights, and while they were bright and nice color, I would CONSTANTLY get errors on my idrive about bulbs being burnt out. It would ding every 2-3min and say the message. Ended up returning them and putting OEM's back in. I did GP thunders for a bit 7500k, but like you said, they were kind of dim during the day. Although the OEM's are yellowish, they are at least very noticeable in the day from a distance.

Oh and fyi, these are only for LCI models
LUX H8 aren't on my list for this reason. I am considering the Umnitza ICE VXX or Burger Motorsports 4 LED version. Both are error free. I agree, the OEM yellow was easier to see during the day but look terrible vs. a white AE setup.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

I have thunders and once you code the low beams to bright all the time they are pretty bright. As far as LED Orion is the way to go but you have to cut your headlight!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by syrousd
I have thunders and once you code the low beams to bright all the time they are pretty bright. As far as LED Orion is the way to go but you have to cut your headlight!
Can you elaborate on coding the low beams to bright? I have a LCI 550i and so far the GP Thunders has been suffice in the day. But if I can get them brighter, I would like to know how.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 M3

Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren-Werke
Can you elaborate on coding the low beams to bright? I have a LCI 550i and so far the GP Thunders has been suffice in the day. But if I can get them brighter, I would like to know how.
+1
Old 02-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Info on how to code angel eyes to full brightness can be found here:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/111...time-with-ncs/

Note that thread just provides the variable used and it works to keep angel eyes at 12v at all times.

To learn how to code with NCS, check out...
http://www.bmwcoding.com/
Old 02-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 M3

Originally Posted by iamnatio
Info on how to code angel eyes to full brightness can be found here:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/111...time-with-ncs/

Note that thread just provides the variable used and it works to keep angel eyes at 12v at all times.

To learn how to code with NCS, check out...
http://www.bmwcoding.com/

Thanks!!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 AM
New Members

The 7500K thunders look great when the headlights are off and only the Angel Eyes are on. Coding them to full power when the headlights are on is going to be on my list of things to do.

Quick Reply: LCI LED or GP Thunder H8 for Angel Eyes-Any brightness difference