E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

latest sofware trouble

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 04:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I really like the interface of the latest software, it has everything in the idrive menue from heads up display - auto cruise control even though i dont have those things on my car. Now it did have the cd changer menue and aux control menue and a couple of other things in the entertainment catagory.

Now the problem is they up graded it because my cd player was defective, my voice activation did not work anymore, lost what little bass i had previously. and have to be within 2 feet away to get the doors to lock or unlock.

Now my normal tech came back from vaction and screamed when he saw my car being coded (took him a month alot of puma cases to get the bluetooth working without a btum) and reverted it back to the old version which after seeing the new one i dont like anymore.

Now voice activation works cd player has bass again, but still have to be within 2 feet of the car for the doors to lock to work, no key seat memory. Also my cell charger say invalid charger, can plug it into any other car and it works fine?

Going back next week hopefully for a quick fix, has anyone experianced the problem with the remote locking distance and if so what was the fix? And any experience with the cell charger? As my basic warrenty is up this year and i am trying to get everything straight before it is out.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by buddy' post='374576' date='Jan 7 2007, 09:33 AM
I really like the interface of the latest software, it has everything in the idrive menue from heads up display - auto cruise control even though i dont have those things on my car. Now it did have the cd changer menue and aux control menue and a couple of other things in the entertainment catagory.

Now the problem is they up graded it because my cd player was defective, my voice activation did not work anymore, lost what little bass i had previously. and have to be within 2 feet away to get the doors to lock or unlock.

Now my normal tech came back from vaction and screamed when he saw my car being coded (took him a month alot of puma cases to get the bluetooth working without a btum) and reverted it back to the old version which after seeing the new one i dont like anymore.

Now voice activation works cd player has bass again, but still have to be within 2 feet of the car for the doors to lock to work, no key seat memory. Also my cell charger say invalid charger, can plug it into any other car and it works fine?

Going back next week hopefully for a quick fix, has anyone experianced the problem with the remote locking distance and if so what was the fix? And any experience with the cell charger? As my basic warrenty is up this year and i am trying to get everything straight before it is out.
Do you know how they resolved the BASS loss issue? I just took my car in to get AUX installed, afterwards there absolutely no bass. The car is back in the shop, but hopefully you know what it may be that they fixed.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by buddy' post='374576' date='Jan 7 2007, 02:33 PM

Hi

Just had my CIP upgraded. As the result I found that the voice activation stopped working. Went back yesterday and all seems well, except I swear that the headlight washers do not work as they used to ( when I want them at anytime that is, now just once during any journey, unless I stop start up again and then they will work once again. Sounds mad but is driving me insane.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by buddy' post='374576' date='Jan 7 2007, 09:33 PM
I really like the interface of the latest software
any pic of the new interface.
I still have the 04 softwere.
I would like to see what is the diffrents.
thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I did get my bass back they just recoded the car back to the previous software. As far as the headlight washers I wish you could have them come on only when you want. I know if you do a quick action on the stalk you can just get the winshield to wash.

But after you clean your car and hit a bug and just need a window washed, freaking head light washers come on and ruien a good ole washing .
Old 05-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by buddy' post='430454' date='May 31 2007, 06:42 PM
As far as the headlight washers I wish you could have them come on only when you want. I know if you do a quick action on the stalk you can just get the winshield to wash.

But after you clean your car and hit a bug and just need a window washed, freaking head light washers come on and ruien a good ole washing .
I think you'll find that that headlight washers will only be activated if the headlights are actually lighted, and the algorithim allows it to happen (every fifth pull on the washer stalk while the lights are lighted). I generally keep my headlight switch out of the auto mode because of this.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 650i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Logic7 sound system, ARS, PDC

Originally Posted by buddy' post='430454' date='May 31 2007, 05:42 PM
I did get my bass back they just recoded the car back to the previous software. As far as the headlight washers I wish you could have them come on only when you want. I know if you do a quick action on the stalk you can just get the winshield to wash.

After i took my car in the 2nd time for the V25 patch update, my (non L7 audio) now sounds flat without any bass......has anyone had this problem and how was it resolved?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Just had my software updated a few weeks ago and just an hour ago, the software just disappeared: iDrive screen shut off and is now pitch black. Resetting won't work. So no radio, no satnav, no Bluetooth, etc. Drove the car straight to the dealer who took it in right away and will get back to me what went wrong. The problems are starting up once again. Oh joy. Took home a Honda Accord rental. At least I know for sure nothing will break down on me on my way home. So frustrated right now ....