E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Latest Firmware

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

My car is getting updated with the latest firmware at the dealer.

What is the latest firmware version?
If I get updated with the latest version, is that going to give me the to play MP3s on CD drive?
If I install the iPOD kit, do I still need to go to the dealer for any activations?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

Unfortunately you still need the dealer to activate it.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Moopai

If I get updated with the latest version, is that going to give me the to play MP3s on CD drive?
If I install the iPOD kit, do I still need to go to the dealer for any activations?

Thanks
Are you paying for the update? If so how much? Or if not how did you convince them to do so?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Contributors

Thanks

If you go with the dension 500 instead of the bmw Ipod option, it will only need you to have mp3 enabled. So if you put a cd with MP3s burnt on to it in the main cd slot and it does not play get them to enable that at the same time as the update... (Take a mp3 cd with you to test)...

the dension 500 will piggy back off the cd changer so as long as you have mp3 enabled you will get the tracks listed in idrive...
Old 04-29-2010, 03:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

I asked the dealer to do a final check on my car as the Certified Series expired on the 27th of this month. This service cost $129. One of the things I asked them to check was slight rubbing noise in the steering wheel when turning left that not too many people will notice. I had to personally show it to the shop foreman since they couldn't hear it! Yesterday I get a call from my SA telling about a part that needs to be replaced which is covered under the CS Warranty and because of this part they have to program the car. My SA found that I had a VERY old version of the software so she decided to upgrade the vehicle to the latest. I will hopefully pickup the car today and get all the details. They've had the car since Tuesday and I'm driving a loaner.

What is the latest firmware for our E60s?

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Are you paying for the update? If so how much? Or if not how did you convince them to do so?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

must be around ISTA/p v36 now at least, can you ask for a copy of the measures plan?
Old 04-29-2010, 06:34 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Yup ... maybe even into v37 in the last few months ...

Originally Posted by BLooD
must be around ISTA/p v36 now at least, can you ask for a copy of the measures plan?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

What is the measures plan? Would they give it to me?

If my firmware was really old as my SA advise, what kind of updates will I be getting? Will I notice any of these updates? Or is it more bug fixes? The car was being programmed since yesterday afternoon and was suppose to be done by this morning, I have not heard back from my SA. I wonder if anything went wrong during programming!

Originally Posted by BLooD
Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

You have to ask for it specifically otherwise they'll not give you a copy ... similar to the following:

Measures plan = http://forums.5serie...ttach_id=122337
Final report = http://forums.5serie...ttach_id=122336

Some of the things you'll notice if your original was really old probably the overall color presentation of the iDrive ... the look of CD tracks numbers etc.
Major software upgrade will take a long time since it'll also update sub-modules along the way, not to count if some fail they have to re-do it over again.

What is the measures plan? Would they give it to me?

If my firmware was really old as my SA advise, what kind of updates will I be getting? Will I notice any of these updates? Or is it more bug fixes? The car was being programmed since yesterday afternoon and was suppose to be done by this morning, I have not heard back from my SA. I wonder if anything went wrong during programming!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Also not to scare you but its not uncommon for it to blow the bluetooth TUC module during the update, a typical update can take at least 7 hours depending on the no. of modules fitted.

Quick Reply: Latest Firmware