E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lane Departure on '08 535i

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY 2008 535i Black Sapphire w/Black Dakota Ltr., 17
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Turboe
any idea what else comes on the "technology package" I think this car in question had the active cruise control, but not heads up display.

As I am looking at cars online I am trying to determine if there is any way from some of the pictures to determine what features a car might have, because I have found that the option lists online are very incomplete. I feel like a sleuth trying to catch a glimpse in one of the online pics to see if a certain car has a particular option I am looking for. The ones that are hard to figure out at least from my limited knowledge are Logic 7, Adaptive Headlights, comfort access, and USB connect. Havent figured out any visible signs that give those away.

Any hints are always welcome.
Turboe,

In the US, the Lane Deviation Warning option (5AD) was available on 535i Sedan 2008MY but had to be ordered with Premium Package (ZPP) that included Universal Garage Door Opener (319), Auto-dimming mirrors (430), Auto-dimming rearview mirror (431), Ambient light package (563) and Leather Dakota (LC).

The Head-Up Display (610) had to be ordered with Navigation System (609). The Active Cruise Control stop & go (5DF) had to be ordered with either Steptronic automatic transmission (205) or Sport Automatic transmission (2T with the Sport Package (ZSP) and Leather Dakota (LC).

The Sport Package (ZSP) included Sport suspension (226), Active Roll Stabilization (229), Sports leather steering wheel (255), Space saver spare (300), Multi-Contour seats (456) and 18" style 124 wheels w/performance tires (591).

Good luck with your search.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

My 2008 550i has this too!
Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

any idea what else comes on the "technology package" I think this car in question had the active cruise control, but not heads up display.

As I am looking at cars online I am trying to determine if there is any way from some of the pictures to determine what features a car might have, because I have found that the option lists online are very incomplete. I feel like a sleuth trying to catch a glimpse in one of the online pics to see if a certain car has a particular option I am looking for. The ones that are hard to figure out at least from my limited knowledge are Logic 7, Adaptive Headlights, comfort access, and USB connect. Havent figured out any visible signs that give those away.

Any hints are always welcome.
Try to find pics that show the dashboard buttons to the left of the steering column (surrounding the headlight switch) and the center console area (buttons surrounding the ashtray).

-I'm pretty sure the 08 535i came with adaptive headlights standard.

-The USB port is either in the center armrest or the glovebox (I don't have this so hopefully somebody else can confirm).

-Logic 7 settings can be viewed in the idrive menu(settings, audio, etc.). If you have it you will have a menu for the 12 band equalizer and surround sound.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 - 530i Sport, Auto, Alpine White, Dark Poplar, Beige Dakota w/ Comfort Seats, Cold Weather Package (yeah I know I live in SC, but I love it on my back after a long day of golf), Logic 7, Parking Assist, & Auto Sunshade.

Originally Posted by pukka
Try to find pics that show the dashboard buttons to the left of the steering column (surrounding the headlight switch) and the center console area (buttons surrounding the ashtray).

-I'm pretty sure the 08 535i came with adaptive headlights standard.

-The USB port is either in the center armrest or the glovebox (I don't have this so hopefully somebody else can confirm).

-Logic 7 settings can be viewed in the idrive menu(settings, audio, etc.). If you have it you will have a menu for the 12 band equalizer and surround sound.

what does the area around the headlight switch potentially tell me? Is there a clue there to an option and what should I be looking for?

I alredy scan the buttons around the ashtray area for signs of heated seats, and PDC if I cant see the telltale circles on front or rear bumper.

At this point I am just scouring pictures on the internet to help focus my search to cars that I might actually be interested or can rule out without having to see in person. I appreciate whatever little clues someone can pass along. Thanks,
Old 06-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

what does the area around the headlight switch potentially tell me? Is there a clue there to an option and what should I be looking for?

I alredy scan the buttons around the ashtray area for signs of heated seats, and PDC if I cant see the telltale circles on front or rear bumper.

At this point I am just scouring pictures on the internet to help focus my search to cars that I might actually be interested or can rule out without having to see in person. I appreciate whatever little clues someone can pass along. Thanks,

The buttons around the headlight switch identify Night Vision, HUD, and I believe Active Cruise Control.

The buttons around the ashtray area identify heated seats, PDC, and Ventilated Seats. If the car has VS, then it automatically has the special option Nasca Leather (perforated) which for MY 08 only came in beige and black.

If you see the PDC button on the dash, then there better be sensors on the bumpers. Look for the squarish cutouts right below the headlamps. This covers the headlamp washers and means the car has the cold weather package (includes heated steering wheel).
Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

The buttons around the headlight switch identify Night Vision, HUD, and I believe Active Cruise Control.
Do you have the Night Vision option?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
Do you have the Night Vision option?
Yes.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Yes.
Have any pics of it in action? Sounds sweet.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by ProMed
Have any pics of it in action? Sounds sweet.

I got night vision. no pics but here is where you can learn more.

Good PDF: http://www.flir.com/...onStory_BMW.pdf
Company that makes it for BMW and others: http://www.flir.com/

For a car size object (like a police car in the dark on the side of the road) you can see him about a 1/2 mile out.

it can be retrofitted but the camera is crazy $$. 'bout $3,000 of 'em. It is a great "freeby" to get with a used car. They can't sell a used E60 for a couple thousand more than others because it has night vision.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
It is a great "freeby" to get with a used car. They can't sell a used E60 for a couple thousand more than others because it has night vision.
The blue book value of a car with Night Vision is almost a grand more than a car without it.

Quick Reply: Lane Departure on '08 535i