E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Kill Story: White Mitsu Lancer Evo

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

driving on the 60 east bound, coming home tonight from playin' some cards in walnut.....i look back and an idiot in a white mitsu lancer evo with a shopping cart like spoiler & poorly aimed HID's is tailin' me hard!! mind you i'm crusing at 75 mph and all 4 lanes...including the carpool lane......is wide open, but he decides he's gonna ride my tailcoat!

i change lane to get a glance at the idiot behind me. he passes me, at the point when are side mirrors meet.....he down shifts! i figured, let me test this guy in manual first......if needed, i'll throw it in M and event hit the sport button!

with him in front of me by at least 5 cars, i floor it.......i pass him at 130mph and he seemed as if he was standing still! he tries to catch up, but i keep stretching the gap between us. at this time, i'm close to 135mph.....my heart was pounding! and i haven't even throwin it in M or had the need to hit the sport button!

i slow down to let him catch up, and to also see if he's dumb enough to try it again. he behaves for a few miles, trailing me w/o trying to make a move. a mile before my exit, i start to make my way over to exit right....i see him fly by and i literally see FLAMES shooting out of his exhaust tips!!!! i kid you not! i have never seen that from a street car. that had me impressed!

FYI - this was done with very few cars on the frwy and i was all alone.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

maybe he drilled spark plugs in his exaust or something weird lol. interesting story. i hate when ppl gun it by you as your exiting. you must have made him feel like a little girl when you blew his doors off, and he tried to boost his confidence a bit by passing you while you exited. lol
the evo is a quick little car but i dont think it can ever stand a chance against a 535 or 550 on the hwy. i used to have an 04 wrx sti, it was stupid fast 0-60, 1st gear was so short it took a long time to get used to. but once your at about 75 it wouldn't be able to keep up with a 535 or 550.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Haha nice... That tiny tin can of an engine is impressive but needs to be driven correctly... No room for error. so 5 car lengths ahead of you he didnt have time to react by the time he saw you fly by him... He really needed to be close to redline and ready to go WOT. And not to mention in triple digits the 2 milk carton cubic inches of engine doesnt have that much pull I dont think.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by too solid' post='588403' date='May 26 2008, 12:49 AM
maybe he drilled spark plugs in his exaust or something weird lol. interesting story. i hate when ppl gun it by you as your exiting. you must have made him feel like a little girl when you blew his doors off, and he tried to boost his confidence a bit by passing you while you exited. lol
the evo is a quick little car but i dont think it can ever stand a chance against a 535 or 550 on the hwy. i used to have an 04 wrx sti, it was stupid fast 0-60, 1st gear was so short it took a long time to get used to. but once you were at about 75 it didnt launch very well. i mean it was very fast, but not as quick as the 535.
ya bro, those damn flames surprised me! certainly made him look a lot faster than he really was...lol

just so i can see how i stacked up against him, i gunned it after he down shifted. guess i found out!
Old 05-26-2008, 12:05 AM
Senior Members

Yep, the new Evo doesn't really shine on the highway. It really is at home at a road course. Motor Trend tested both the new M3 and Evolution MR around the Reno-Fernley Raceway. The Evo MR was 1.28 seconds a lap faster. Pretty damn impressive.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='588411' date='May 26 2008, 01:05 AM
Yep, the new Evo doesn't really shine on the highway. It really is at home at a road course. Motor Trend tested both the new M3 and Evolution MR around the Reno-Fernley Raceway. The Evo MR was 1.28 seconds a lap faster. Pretty damn impressive.
someone should've told the white shopping cart owner that!

fortunately for me, the 60 frwy is nice & straight....no twisty's!
Old 05-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Senior Members

Evo's don't stand a chance on straights or even sweepers. As soon as you add some tight turns we have no chance to keep up but we're big enough to block em
Old 05-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

hmm, i noticed you play alot of cards. gonna have to play with you guys soon
Old 05-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by delje08' post='588419' date='May 26 2008, 01:18 AM
hmm, i noticed you play alot of cards. gonna have to play with you guys soon
don't all pinoy's play cards, if not gambling of some sort?!

i'll bring my chips to the BBQ, we can play then....if we can get enough players.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

i'm sure there'll be enough players!.... hopefully we can play basketball too!

Quick Reply: Kill Story: White Mitsu Lancer Evo