E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Key memory and electric memory seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand that if you have electric seats with driver's memory, the seat position (and mirrors and steering wheel) position is stored on the key memory? Thus you give one key to SWMBO, so that everytime she unlocks the car, she gets her seat position, mirrors and wheel, and everytime I unlock, I get mine.

Can anyone in the UK confirm this is the case for UK cars, as

a) mine doesn't do it (the two memory buttons on the seat work however)
b) I have no seat related options in iDrive
c) I've read elsewhere that the dealer needs to enable it
Old 01-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by marklp' post='379752' date='Jan 17 2007, 10:56 PM
It works on mine - from delivery. You can see the vintage of my car in my sig.

I have iDrive config for this.

Incidentally certainly the rear view mirror doesn't move and IIRC neither do the door mirrors (but I would need to check on that since my wife and I always seem to use very similar settings for the door mirrors in our cars despite the fact I'm 25cm taller than she is)!

ABC
Old 01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

Is this related with my problem?

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=34918&hl=
Old 01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

It should work without getting enabled by the dealer.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by marklp' post='379752' date='Jan 17 2007, 05:56 PM
I understand that if you have electric seats with driver's memory, the seat position (and mirrors and steering wheel) position is stored on the key memory? Thus you give one key to SWMBO, so that everytime she unlocks the car, she gets her seat position, mirrors and wheel, and everytime I unlock, I get mine.

Can anyone in the UK confirm this is the case for UK cars, as

a) mine doesn't do it (the two memory buttons on the seat work however)
I do not believe the keys are tied to specific memory positions (i.e. Memory 1 or Memory 2). I think the way they work is that each key is tied to the seat, side mirror, steering wheel, and possibly entertainment settings that were used the last time the vehicle was used with that specific key. If, for example, you used the car last with your key and SWMBO uses it next with hers, all the settings will be the same as the last time she used her key and not necessarily one of the memory positions. If the last time she used her key, she used her memory position settings then they will be the same. I hope I wasn't too confusing.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stanatl' post='380070' date='Jan 18 2007, 03:42 PM
I do not believe the keys are tied to specific memory positions (i.e. Memory 1 or Memory 2)
I'm not sure anyone thought that in this thread.

ABC
Old 01-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Members

My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

Follow this link in the forum and go to page 46 of the UK handbook it is explained there.

http://e60.net/information/2006_5_Series_Manual_UK.pdf
Old 01-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

marklp, if you were able to update your profile then we may be able to provide more specific help dependent on the age of your e60.

IIRC in earlier models, key seat memory was (and several other preferences were) exclusively programmable by the dealer who, sfter programming (up to) four keys issued them with colour codes.

I say this because you indicate that your iDrive does not have the functionality.

ABC
Old 01-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Members

marklp, if you were able to update your profile then we may be able to provide more specific help dependent on the age of your e60.

IIRC in earlier models, key seat memory was (and several other preferences were) exclusively programmable by the dealer who, sfter programming (up to) four keys issued them with colour codes.

I say this because you indicate that your iDrive does not have the functionality.
Now you are talking. Mine is a Sept 03 530d, and yes in the handbook, it suggests (but not very clearly) that certain comfort options can be programmed by the dealer.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Members

Would a software update give these features (and others)?

According to this
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=35685
and this
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry370432

I have CIP 21.00.00

Quick Reply: Key memory and electric memory seats