E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just purchased a 535 and it already has a CEL!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 05:53 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535xi Silver
Default Just purchased a 535 and it already has a CEL!

Hi Guys,

Monday afternoon I purchased a 2008 535XI from a dealer called AC Motors in Eden Prairie, MN. Car is very clean inside and out and drives extremely well, until now. This morning I go to start it and it is sputtering and has a pretty bad shake at idle and is idling around 500-600rpms. After 20-30 seconds the check engine light comes on and it dies. I do have an extended warranty through Smart Autocare. Currently the car is sitting at my apartment parking lot. I should add that I am in MN and the first night the car was in a heated garage and started just fine the next morning. Last night it was outside. I havent even had to fill it with gas yet and this already is happening! Im clueless as to how to go about this, what do you guys think? Waiting for the dealer to open to call them and crossing my fingers they wont be dicks and say, well you bough it "as is" so we cant help you.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

If you purchased from a dealer, that should always be your first recourse. Give them a chance to make it right. Let us know how you make out.

to the forum!
Old 12-02-2016, 04:06 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535xi Silver

They replaced all the ignition coils and now it is running like a champ. Absolutely love how this thing drives! First BMW.