E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

just ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530I E60

does anyone else have these on their E60 (Trinity Autosport *NEW* 3W Angel Eyes) and was it a easy install? Does anyone know where i can get some good quality fog light at a reasonable price?
Old 01-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi ao8

I have had these for about 4 months and everything is working well. I took the whole headlight unit out and the AE swap was super easy. Check in the DIY section for instructions.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OSOURISE60
does anyone else have these on their E60 (Trinity Autosport *NEW* 3W Angel Eyes) and was it a easy install? Does anyone know where i can get some good quality fog light at a reasonable price?
I just ordered them and I'm waiting for them to arrive. Once installed, I'll document my experience including before and after pictures.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Here is mine from Trinity. The headlights had to be taken out. I also got 5000k Fogs from Joe as well and I am happy with the color and price.
Attached Thumbnails just ordered!-ae-lights.jpg  
Old 01-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

just ordered mine too.. Prob order the fogs from him as well..
Old 01-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

i got my angel eye bulbs and fogs 8000k hids(blueish) from brabus on this forum. they were both a ez swap. if ur taking the headlight out for the angel eye then u can easily access the fog light and run the ballast in there. i just zip tied it to a support. if not u can access the fog light thru the front fender plastic. just remove a few screws and peel it back and reach ur hand in there(lot more room to work with headlight out). to get the angel eyes in. open hood, lift off rubber weather strip from above grills. remove the (i think) 5 torx screws. get a torx screw driver(long) and remove the 2 screws from the headlight. dont take them all the way out just loosin them enuff to slide headlight out.pull headout. may have to push bumper open a lil the headlight to wiggle out, take cap off back of headlight. reach in and unscrew angel bulb. replace. button it all back up
Old 01-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
i got my angel eye bulbs and fogs 8000k hids(blueish) from brabus on this forum. they were both a ez swap. if ur taking the headlight out for the angel eye then u can easily access the fog light and run the ballast in there. i just zip tied it to a support. if not u can access the fog light thru the front fender plastic. just remove a few screws and peel it back and reach ur hand in there(lot more room to work with headlight out). to get the angel eyes in. open hood, lift off rubber weather strip from above grills. remove the (i think) 5 torx screws. get a torx screw driver(long) and remove the 2 screws from the headlight. dont take them all the way out just loosin them enuff to slide headlight out.pull headout. may have to push bumper open a lil the headlight to wiggle out, take cap off back of headlight. reach in and unscrew angel bulb. replace. button it all back up
+1 good instructions. It's possible to swap out the AE bulbs w/o taking out the headlights, but will require a small hand.