E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just orderd 545 & joined.. but help with color!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545ia ED May '05

Thanks folks - appreciate the feedback. I really do want the Auburn for its uniqueness but I do hear the re-sale issue and of coarse, making your wife happy. Speaking of which, we just drove into work together (buildings across from each others) and she pulled the old "do whatever you want honey" and then slyly looked out of the corner of her eye at me and smirked "its only another 5-6 years of turd brown." Oh - doesn't she know hot to push my buttons!!

Scott - we arrive Monday the 23rd on a 7:10am flight out of Boston and I hope to go straight to the DC from the airport so hopefully around 10am ?? Tall skinny guy, dark hair with 5'1 wife with dark hair - we'll try and keep in touch. I am still trying to figure out how to register myself on this site if there's a ED calendar tracking everyone's arrival.

see ya!!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

I currently have a silver grey with beige and think the combo works really well. Maybe ever so slightly too much beige on the door cappings but a small price to pay as each colour combo has its own problems.

I'm trying to decide on whether to change for another E60 and would go for another colour. I was thinking of black with auburn. However, I just saw a black/auburn at a dealershp at the weekend and thought somebody spread some cow's doo doo over the seats. It sort of did look like sh1t. (no offence to auburn owners and lovers).

I was disappointed as I was starting to convince myself that this was the new colour scheme to go for. I don't know if I could drive around in a portable loo for a year or so. I wonder if BMW offer a new option - toilet roll holder and bathroom set for the E60.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:01 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

It depends on for how long you'll keep the car. Is it for more than 2-3 years i would go for black. Or else I would go for beige, I did. As said it looks nice with the bright wood and the black upper part of the dashboard. Don't forget to order shadowline!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Keeping mine for a while...I went for black. I like it best anyway.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

Auburn b/c the bottom of the door panels and carpet are black - best of both worlds. (I have had beige, all black, and now auburn.)
Old 03-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2002 M3 Convertible SMG Silver/Black 2005 545i ED Jet Black/Beige

Originally Posted by racefaith' date='Mar 23 2005, 05:49 AM

Scott - we arrive Monday the 23rd on a 7:10am flight out of Boston and I hope to go straight to the DC from the airport so hopefully around 10am ?? Tall skinny guy, dark hair with 5'1 wife with dark hair - we'll try and keep in touch. I am still trying to figure out how to register myself on this site if there's a ED calendar tracking everyone's arrival.

see ya!!
[snapback]105464[/snapback]
Bimmerfest.com has a board just for Euro Delivery, along with an ED pickup calendar thread.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, racefaith !
Old 03-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545ia ED May '05

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Mar 23 2005, 05:58 PM
Welcome aboard, racefaith !
[snapback]105689[/snapback]

thanks for the welcome Iceman & Jochet.

Now I'll be tormenting myself over the StepTronic v. SMG issue. Car ordered with Step but I'm heading to anotehr dealer on Friday to try an M3 (no e60's with it in CT) with SMG so I can get that out of my head.

Sales folks keep telling me if I'm going to keep car 4-5 years, got a wife (yes) and kids (hopefully soon) I'll thank them for ordering the auto in the end. I want to see what the "auto" function is like on theSMG.

see ya!!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Members

Yeah my salesguy tried to talk me into Step, but I took the plunge and ordered SMG. I sometimes get a feeling of panic worrying that I made the "unsafe" decision, seeing as SMG is still relatively new. But from all I've read here, I think it will be a lot of fun, and not much more work to drive than auto anyway with those paddles right on the steering wheel. Just think, you can get the kids to school that much faster!

Originally Posted by racefaith' date='Mar 23 2005, 06:00 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Mar 23 2005, 05:58 PM']Welcome aboard, racefaith !
[snapback]105689[/snapback]

thanks for the welcome Iceman & Jochet.

Now I'll be tormenting myself over the StepTronic v. SMG issue. Car ordered with Step but I'm heading to anotehr dealer on Friday to try an M3 (no e60's with it in CT) with SMG so I can get that out of my head.

Sales folks keep telling me if I'm going to keep car 4-5 years, got a wife (yes) and kids (hopefully soon) I'll thank them for ordering the auto in the end. I want to see what the "auto" function is like on theSMG.

see ya!!
[snapback]105739[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 03-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i ordered - built 1/05 - arrived 3/16/05 . Silver Gray - Biege Interior. Sports Package, Steptronics, Comfort Seats, Cold Weather Package, Rear Fold Down Seats, Sat Radio. Mods: Seatback Hangar, Trunk Net, Umbrella.

Originally Posted by racefaith' date='Mar 22 2005, 08:35 PM

Hello and thank-you for your openness and dedication to others in the pursuit of information and driving pleasure!!

Just joined the forum today and I'm happy to say Saturday we ordered our first BMW, a 545ia which we are picking up in Munich on 5/23.

Alpine White with leather but which color scheme to pick???

I am seriously intrigued by the Auburn but my wife says Beige. Yes, I know someone will say this is an issue of personal taste but humans have a need for talking thourgh issues to make themselves feel comfortable so here goes:

My thoughts on the interior leather choices with no disrespect to others:

Black - had to many in the past, hot, shows every spec of dirt, reduces perception of interior volume.... but conversly, very sporty and hides scuffs the best

Gray - to depressing

Auburn - unique and sporty.... but will it wear on me as we age together? I think the gallery pictures lighting make it a bit to "rich" - dare I say Japanese?

Beige - classic, cool, luxurious, hides console specks well, most "open"... but rugs get the dirtiest the quickest, door/seatback scuff easiest, seat bolsters get dirty quicker.

Give me your thoughts and again, no disrespect to other owners, just some general observations that I've had.

Thanks!!!!
[snapback]105321[/snapback]
Thoughts - ordered Silver Gray with Biege 545i - figured this combo has been picked by PR folks that had a choice and had viewed every possilbe combo BMW is building - look at the brochures - this is publicist favorite combination and once you see it in person you understand why - extremely subtle yet pleasant and unusual. Good Viewing...

Quick Reply: Just orderd 545 & joined.. but help with color!!