E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just orderd 545 & joined.. but help with color!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545ia ED May '05

Hello and thank-you for your openness and dedication to others in the pursuit of information and driving pleasure!!

Just joined the forum today and I'm happy to say Saturday we ordered our first BMW, a 545ia which we are picking up in Munich on 5/23.

Alpine White with leather but which color scheme to pick???

I am seriously intrigued by the Auburn but my wife says Beige. Yes, I know someone will say this is an issue of personal taste but humans have a need for talking thourgh issues to make themselves feel comfortable so here goes:

My thoughts on the interior leather choices with no disrespect to others:

Black - had to many in the past, hot, shows every spec of dirt, reduces perception of interior volume.... but conversly, very sporty and hides scuffs the best

Gray - to depressing

Auburn - unique and sporty.... but will it wear on me as we age together? I think the gallery pictures lighting make it a bit to "rich" - dare I say Japanese?

Beige - classic, cool, luxurious, hides console specks well, most "open"... but rugs get the dirtiest the quickest, door/seatback scuff easiest, seat bolsters get dirty quicker.

Give me your thoughts and again, no disrespect to other owners, just some general observations that I've had.

Thanks!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Orient Blue/Beige interior 545i: Cold weather pkg, Nav system, Premium sound, Sport Pkg, satellite prep, 30% smoke tinted windows all around, waiting for my euro red reflectors and umbrella!

I say go with Auburn, gives the car a more sporty look, and it's different. How will you make it to 5/23, and then then wait after ED for the car to make it home!
Old 03-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I'd go with beige. (1) Disagreeing with a wife is rarely a good call. You'll hear about the decision forever. (2) Beige is classic and will help with resale value. Sure, some people may prefer Auburn, but most won't prefer it (IMO).

Sure, some will say "live for the moment" and "get what you want" (even if it's a pink E60), but BMWs are known for holding their resale value and I'd think about it as an investment to a certain extent. Sure, cars depreciate like crazy, but think about one that will depreciate "less". So do factor that in.

Just my opinion, and let the others rain in!

Originally Posted by lavish12' date='Mar 22 2005, 07:45 PM
I say go with Auburn, gives the car a more sporty look, and it's different. How will you make it to 5/23, and then then wait after ED for the car to make it home!?
[snapback]105323[/snapback]
Old 03-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Members

I agree....go with auburn. I went with black, but then again, I never considered anything else...
Old 03-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.
Welcome and lots of luck with your new bimmer, I currently have two 5 series cars, both with beige interiors. I really like Auburn and would have had it in my 545 if I ordered it, unfortunately my car was a 2004 left over so it was take or leave it. If I were you, I go with your wifes choice
Old 03-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I say Black interior.

Beige and Gray show dirt.... black does not.

Black is the easiest interior color to keep looking as new as the day you got it.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Members

Hey race -- I'm picking up on 5/23 as well, so maybe I'll see you there!

Originally Posted by racefaith' date='Mar 22 2005, 06:35 PM

Hello and thank-you for your openness and dedication to others in the pursuit of information and driving pleasure!!

Just joined the forum today and I'm happy to say Saturday we ordered our first BMW, a 545ia which we are picking up in Munich on 5/23.

Alpine White with leather but which color scheme to pick???

I am seriously intrigued by the Auburn but my wife says Beige. Yes, I know someone will say this is an issue of personal taste but humans have a need for talking thourgh issues to make themselves feel comfortable so here goes:

My thoughts on the interior leather choices with no disrespect to others:

Black - had to many in the past, hot, shows every spec of dirt, reduces perception of interior volume.... but conversly, very sporty and hides scuffs the best

Gray - to depressing

Auburn - unique and sporty.... but will it wear on me as we age together? I think the gallery pictures lighting make it a bit to "rich" - dare I say Japanese?

Beige - classic, cool, luxurious, hides console specks well, most "open"... but rugs get the dirtiest the quickest, door/seatback scuff easiest, seat bolsters get dirty quicker.

Give me your thoughts and again, no disrespect to other owners, just some general observations that I've had.

Thanks!!!!
[snapback]105321[/snapback]
Old 03-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I have grey. I love it, its not depressing (at least not to me...).
I had black in my previous car and it simply got too hot for my taste in the summer. My wife has brown in her car and I personally don't like it.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Members

Yeah, I don't find gray depressing at all. I like a bit of contrast to the black exterior myself. I would like a darker gray if they had the option.

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Mar 22 2005, 07:41 PM
I have grey. I love it, its not depressing (at least not to me...).
I had black in my previous car and it simply got too hot for my taste in the summer. My wife has brown in her car and I personally don't like it.
[snapback]105341[/snapback]
Old 03-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Contributors

Beige is the way to go. It looks really classy. The way the dash is layed out with black top and beige bottom accents looks really, really good. Beige is also the best combination with poplar wood, if that's what you are getting.

Quick Reply: Just orderd 545 & joined.. but help with color!!