E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just how old is the e60 crowd?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 530. Black on Black Black Grills Tint Ipod Retrofit June '10

34 here, been in the BMW game since 16 though.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

42 here!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 AM
New Members

I'm 27. Bought my first BMW a few months ago used. My old man had a 94 525i manual 5 speed that he fell in love with.................and he begged me to buy this 550i when he rode with me on a test drive.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

Bought my retired E60 when I was 59. Now a F10 owner @62. All my cars in my signature tell it all. Purchased outright all but one of them(lease). Until last year consistently owned a MB every year starting from 1979. Loved them for a lot of reasons but loved the E60 and now especially love the F10.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
I gotta say it - whether its a 525 or a 550 - you 16 year olds and 23 year olds are amazing. how were you ever able to afford a 5 series at such a young age without parental help?

when i was your age I drove a toyota/honda/nissan type vehicle. So are you guys selling drugs? real life Doogie Howser's? (you may be too you to know who that is!). you seem so successful. or are older high mileage e60's as affordable as honda's nowadays.

Looks like there are also some ex-military guys spending some of their discharge cash. Not bad
This post nearly made me spit out my drink! i got down to the selling drugs part and nearly lost is! hahaha

being a part of the 16-23 group i will admit my 525 is not fully paid off.. walked in and paid half off in cash and financed the rest. It so far has been one of the best things ive done for myself. build some credit and drive something you love! To bad my e39 doesnt get out of the driveway much. I picked that sweetheart up for $2500
The best part about this forum is no matter the age, the passion for these cars is never lacking.. I feel like such a nerd talking to someone who does not own a bmw about my ride.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Members

35 here, got the 530i when I was 33 - 'accidentally' fell in love with BMW's when I realized I could buy this 5-yr old E60 for less than I was about to pay for a 3-old Camry with with just 10k less miles. I've had my share of headaches, probably none of which I would have had with the Camry, but boy does it put the biggest grin my face every time I get behind the wheel. So far been able to do most of the repair work myself and actually enjoy working on it every chance I get.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 550i M Sport - All options except HUD

Originally Posted by Bill109
This post nearly made me spit out my drink! i got down to the selling drugs part and nearly lost is! hahaha

being a part of the 16-23 group i will admit my 525 is not fully paid off.. walked in and paid half off in cash and financed the rest. It so far has been one of the best things ive done for myself. build some credit and drive something you love! To bad my e39 doesnt get out of the driveway much. I picked that sweetheart up for $2500
The best part about this forum is no matter the age, the passion for these cars is never lacking.. I feel like such a nerd talking to someone who does not own a bmw about my ride.
yeah - i'm glad you got a laugh. it was met in good fun because honestly, when i was younger a bmw was not on my menu of options - so much respect to the younger crowd who make this happen and aren't spread too thin.

I feel the same way though about being an enthusiast. I see a handful of e39/e60/f10's in my area but to many of these people, its just a car. I've crossed paths with one or two guys on the highway that were definitely as passionate as I was but they were from out of the area. So this gathering place of like minded peeps is a great thing.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
I gotta say it - whether its a 525 or a 550 - you 16 year olds and 23 year olds are amazing. how were you ever able to afford a 5 series at such a young age without parental help?

when i was your age I drove a toyota/honda/nissan type vehicle. So are you guys selling drugs? real life Doogie Howser's? (you may be too you to know who that is!). you seem so successful. or are older high mileage e60's as affordable as honda's nowadays.

Looks like there are also some ex-military guys spending some of their discharge cash. Not bad
Will be 27 tomorrow. Will be paying off my e60 this year. Own a 2000 323i as well (my heart won't let me sell it), and sold my R56 Mini a few years back to pay for the Bimmer. I know things are different from when you purchased cars back in your day.

At the same time, please consider the fact that exceptional students in highschool take college courses and graduate very early. My brother is goin on Senior at Deloitte and he just turned 24. Also a BMW owner. Can't pressure youngsters to try very hard and get somewhere fast, then comment on their ability to purchase nice cars.

I know you were just making an observation and no offense taken, but just something to consider when comparing your day to say, our day; and all of its requirements.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Members

im pretty impressed how wide the range spectrum is, 25, 26 in march
Old 01-24-2013, 06:06 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turning 21 in 2 weeks. Bought my 2010 CPO 535 October 2012.

Along with the E60, I have been driving and tuning my '91 S13 since the age of 16.

Perhaps most of the people on here seem younger because we are the most active on forums and modifying our cars. The "E60 Crowd" is probably older, but many of them do not participate in the forums.

I'm guessing most E60 owners are 40+, although in my area, E60 owners tend to be mid-older aged Asian women who can't drive.

Quick Reply: Just how old is the e60 crowd?