E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just got pulled over for TintS WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [IMG]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/big525i/IMG_20110329_082033-1.jpg[/IMG] 2005 525i mtech front and rear bumper Magnaflow custom quad tip exhaust with some carbon fiber goodies and staggered VMR VB3 wrapped in Nitto Invos

yea do that but dont take the car to the court house I did and they literally pulled me over 5 ft away from the court house and did it the right way and gave me another 4 tickets instead of the one I got the first time cops are assholes some times you just need to know the right ones so u can get away with everything
Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by big525i
yea do that but dont take the car to the court house I did and they literally pulled me over 5 ft away from the court house and did it the right way and gave me another 4 tickets instead of the one I got the first time cops are assholes some times you just need to know the right ones so u can get away with everything
WOW!! That's crazy...I've heard stories like this...Guy comes in with a suspended license and the judge cuts him a break...Then he gets in his car to leave and they arrest him in the parking lot...
Old 04-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

man that sucks man, sorry to hear, and i've gotten tickets for each window before as well and the office told me sorry had to meet a qouta :thumbsdown: but they can only give you tickets for the front windows you can do anything you want to the back ones you can tint it 1% if you wanted.,
Old 04-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Its all about the money. All big cities are running over budget, this cop is trying to help cut the deficit. Or be an a-hole.

So if the cop cleans your windows, do you have to tip him?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by Ghostteck
man that sucks man, sorry to hear, and i've gotten tickets for each window before as well and the office told me sorry had to meet a qouta :thumbsdown: but they can only give you tickets for the front windows you can do anything you want to the back ones you can tint it 1% if you wanted.,
Negative...in NYC all four side windows must allow 70% light to pass thru. If by back you mean "rear" then you can tint the rear as dark as you want.

Police don't really pull people over for tint (in NYC) or they'd pull over every third car. Take your own count on any busy street and see how many cars with tints pass you in 10 minutes. From my experience, something has to trigger their attention to your car. Bad hood late at night, driving in a "suspect" manner, not breaking any laws, but just driving funny (too slow, kinda fast, looking around too much, something). Loud music, loud exhaust, not too loud, just enough to make them look. This is what triggers the stop, the tint meter is just an excuse to get a look inside and at your license status and run you for warrants. One time I got stopped (late night in east flatbush brooklyn) cop pulled the tint-o-meter act on me and also noticed that my reg. was expired. He was cool, no attitude, so I said can you at least give me a break on the tints. He said he would, but that he couldn't because then the reg. ticket wouldn't hold up because he has to indicate an initial reason for the stop and he can't tell my reg. is expired by me just driving by. So they use the tint thing just to stop you in the hopes of finding something more major. If they find nothing, then you just get the tint ticket.

They will be the first to tell you that they don't care about that BS, it's only when they're forced to crack down by bosses or they suspect something else will they stop you for it.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

What about SUVs and minivans that come pre tinted from factory? Do those people also get tickets? What nonsense....well it is NY.

Cops are becoming more and more nasty.Just the other day I was driving down a local road and 3 cops had set up a "road block" checking for front plate/registration/inspection stickers. Luckily I took my TL which still had the temporary plates. If I had taken the E60 I would have gotten 2 tickets one for no front plate and the other for no registration sticker.

The LIE is crawling with cops ever since those two idiots crashed while racing a few weeks ago.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

im gonna try n fight it
hopefully get them reduced but i really dont think im going to take the tints off
i just cant see my car with out them
i hate when i pull to a light and the car next to me can see everything im doing
Old 04-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

These fucking idiot ass cops need to stop harassing people for tints and focus on stopping crime. The time they are spending to write those stupid tickets, a person is probably getting robbed, raped, or murdered.

Most of the time it's just pure envy why they pull us BMW guys over. I wish I could plates that says this--> F THE POLICE!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i 07 SMG M5 front conversion, custom black roof...

just get a plate that says F.T.P, and if they ask you tell them lol... Or do what I do out of state plates and have ur license from another state when they stop u just tell them ur not from NY and ur tints are legal in ur state works everytime. Your excuse for being in NY is that ur visiting family becuz they will ask u.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Senior Members

How the hell do you get FTP plates? And how do you get a license from another state? Is that not illegial?

And I am REALLY curious to know why factory tints on SUV/Van are not illegal in NY?

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over for TintS WTF!!!