E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just got pulled over for TintS WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

i just left work on my way to the west side highway
i get pulled over i look in my rear view mirror i see the cop walking to my car with the meter in his hand
i knew i was screwed from that moment wtfffff
tint meter read 25 percent

i havent gotten a ticket for tints in yearsssssss
whats the story can i fight it ?
is it easier to just pay it or remove it
how much would the tickets cost
i GOT 4!!!
all four windows
GOD DAM NYPD
Old 04-05-2011, 04:26 AM
Members

It is $130 each. And since he got u with the meter It will be hard to fight it unless u remove the tints, now that's up to u
Old 04-05-2011, 05:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

oye... Im not sure. Even if you remove it wont you still have to pay the ticket? If thats the case Id friggen leave it on. Just cause im a bitch and it would make me feel better.. Im so glad I go 35% now on my M, I was pulled over constantly with my 550 and 20%. The contrast of the tint with the white car was alot, so I guess they noticed me more......?

I would find out if you remove it do you still have to pay it? That would help me decide if I were you....

Oh and he must have been a real fucker to give you 4 separate tickets!!! What a scum sucking angry man!!!! lol.. grrr... Ive been picked on, but never to that degree..
Old 04-05-2011, 05:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

Sorry to hear the bad news...
I'm originally from NY and have gotten pulled over with my '77 Corvette for tint (20%), but they only gave me "1" ticket...and I thought Jersey State Troopers were BAD ! That's why I only have my rear ,rear windows tinted, no front tint cause I'm tired of being pulled over for tint. Did 5% all around and also the moonroof @ 20%. Cops pull up thinking they'll bust me for tint until they see the front windows clear!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

I have had 20% tint on every car I have ever owned (NYC) and I say one ticket per year is about what I expect. But I have NEVER, EVER received a ticket for each window. That's just silly. So if your tail lights are out do they give you one ticket per bulb blown? Nonsense. I would just leave them on, because the chances that that will happen again is slim to none. $520 for tints? That's more than a moving violation! Fight it and get it reduced.

Take this to court lol

6 Reasons to Tint Your Car

Your car's interior can be 60% cooler during those hot summer days with proper tinting.

Harmful UV rays from the sun can cause skin cancer. Tinting your car can block 99% of these damaging rays.

In an auto accident, tinting can help shattered glass hold together, protecting the occupants of the car.

Tinting reduces dangerous glare from the sun, snow, and other headlights, helping you drive safely.

Tinting protects your privacy and contents within a car. What a burglar can't see, he won't steal.

Harmful UV rays and heat cause car upholstery to crack and fade. Car tint is sunscreen for your car.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Members

You could also take a picture of another 5 series that looks excactly like urs and photoshop ur plates numbers in there, last time I did that and they reduced the price to half

But yea I never heard any one gettin 4 tint tickets at the same time, that's just too much
Old 04-05-2011, 05:33 AM
Senior Members

here's another idea that I read

I was able to persuade a White Plains cop to dismiss the ticket because he didn't clean the windows prior to using the Tint Meter to get a reading. He replied back "I don't have to clean the windows" and that is when I pulled the secret weapon -- the Tint Meter 100 manual for law enforcement which clearly says an accurate reading can't be obtained unless the windows are cleaned then he agreed to dismiss it.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:47 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that is awesome!! never even thought about that.

http://www.laser-labs.com/M1and2Training.htm#m100b
Old 04-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jgt
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that is awesome!! never even thought about that.

http://www.laser-labs.com/M1and2Training.htm#m100b
This should be printed out and taken to court. I have never seen a cop clean the window before taking the reading. So I would never advise him to, I'd just allow him to take the reading, go to court and testify, then BAM! hit him with the manual "AFTER" he never mentions that he cleaned the window.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:07 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by mookish
This should be printed out and taken to court. I have never seen a cop clean the window before taking the reading. So I would never advise him to, I'd just allow him to take the reading, go to court and testify, then BAM! hit him with the manual "AFTER" he never mentions that he cleaned the window.
Exactly. Get him on a technicality. Improper use of testing equipment.
That should get the ticket dismissed or at a minimum reduced.

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over for TintS WTF!!!