E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just bought a nightmare.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05' 545i Sport Sapphire Black

Okay so I flew to Dallas from Orlando to buy this 545i 22k miles $25,000 I test drove it and it drives like a dream EXCEPT if you go over a speed bumb there is a CREEK coming from under the hood. Everything else is fine (actually it was missing a little cover for the rear jack). Well after signing the papers I go to leave and not 3 miles down the road the windshield suddenly cracks while going about 20mph over a bump in the road. So I take it back becuase there has opbviously been a frame work done to the car and i tell them I dont want the car and I fly back to Florida today. I call my bank and they say they have already cashed the check and the car is legally mine. I dont want to go back to TX for this thing!

So...what do I do?????!!!!!!

By the way the car has Nav, L7, active steering, active cruise, sport, bamboo wood, sapphire black paint

PS, the "service overdue" light came on after I left the dealership
Old 07-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Did you buy it from a dealership or private party?

Michael

Originally Posted by smoak' post='619802' date='Jul 9 2008, 02:58 PM
Okay so I flew to Dallas from Orlando to buy this 545i 22k miles $25,000 I test drove it and it drives like a dream EXCEPT if you go over a speed bumb there is a CREEK coming from under the hood. Everything else is fine (actually it was missing a little cover for the rear jack). Well after signing the papers I go to leave and not 3 miles down the road the windshield suddenly cracks while going about 20mph over a bump in the road. So I take it back becuase there has opbviously been a frame work done to the car and i tell them I dont want the car and I fly back to Florida today. I call my bank and they say they have already cashed the check and the car is legally mine. I dont want to go back to TX for this thing!

By the way the car has Nav, L7, active steering, active cruise, sport, bamboo wood, sapphire black paint

Old 07-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Oh man r u sure it is 22k miles only?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 05' 545i Sport Sapphire Black

The odomometer says 22k and I ran the carfax. It was from a small dealership that only sells used BMW and mercedes
Old 07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i

I don't understand why with all the doubt you had already in mind, you still bought it. You knew beforehand that that it was in an accident before. That alone should of given you the caution sign to make sure you fully drive the crap out of it to meet your standards. You test drove it for how long? Do you still want to keep the car? If so, work something out with the dealership. There has to be a way to fix this. Get yourself a good lawyer on standby. I hope everything turns out okay for you.

Sounds like another shady dealership.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

Damn, thats why buying from an honest private person is the best way to go. I would never trust a used car dealers if I bought used. Might need to get a lawyer to know your complete rights. Im not sure you have much recourse you have here. Is it still under warranty? They can prob take care of the service light as that shouldnt be a problem. Are you 100% sure on the frame work as well? Glass on cars are known to randomly crack or even blow up(sunroofs) Hope this works outfor you.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:00 PM
5r1
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Blk/Blk Sport Package

Originally Posted by smoak' post='619802' date='Jul 9 2008, 04:58 PM

What was the dealerships name?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

oh man! did you return the car and they agreed, right? but I don't understand why they took your money? did you read the papers before you signed? I would call my lawyer.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by miguex' post='619850' date='Jul 9 2008, 04:04 PM
oh man! did you return the car and they agreed, right? but I don't understand why they took your money? did you read the papers before you signed? I would call my lawyer.
+1 I agree it's time for a lawyer before too much time elapses! Good Luck!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Tim
Members

You posted a week ago that you were going to buy this car with a cracked windshield. Now you are saying it cracked after you drove off the lot. It all doesn't add up.

Anyway, read what you signed on the bill of sale. If you accepted it "as-is" then you might be screwed. If the dealer intentionally deceived you into thinking that this car wasn't in an accident, then you 'might' have recourse. You can also check to see if the car was ever salvaged by an insurance company.

Good luck. I think you won't get a lot of sympathy from the forum though. They are probably going to say that you should have known better or had the car independently tested before buying it.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Just bought a nightmare.