E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just bought my Winter tires....

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok.. the deal is that yesterday i bought my wintertires from tirerack.com for 1950USD which about 2400 CND
Its.. Dunlup M3 on a 17'' on a Borbet Type Ts

i dunno what you guys think?

and today i think.. it gonna look uguly..

you think it gonna look ok?

welcome any opinion
thanks
Old 12-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by chhay24' post='744677' date='Dec 13 2008, 07:11 PM
Ok.. the deal is that yesterday i bought my wintertires from tirerack.com for 1950USD which about 2400 CND

welcome any opinion
thanks
You can put a pair of UGGs on an E60, and it will still look HOT!! I wouldn't worry about the looks. The important thing is that you will be safer in winter driving.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by chhay24' post='744677' date='Dec 13 2008, 07:11 PM

welcome any opinion
thanks
IMHO the T is an open wheel that will be easier to maintain in sloppy winter weather! A lot easier than one with a lot of nooks and crannies - especially when the weather is bad for weeks and you don't have time or opportunity to wash and clean daily!

M3s are great snows - - Should help you handle the weather you get up north. BUT, I didn't think TireRack shipped to Canada - is that where you are? Did you buy through the MrRebates link? You would have gained an additional 5% rebate - see my signature below.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

I'm using OEM 138's with Dunlop Winter Sport 3d's for my winter setup. That probably looks worst that the wheels you got on your car.

Man, my car looks so boring now..

Besides, its only winter, it'll be done by April.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='744948' date='Dec 14 2008, 11:31 AM
IMHO the T is an open wheel that will be easier to maintain in sloppy winter weather! A lot easier than one with a lot of nooks and crannies - especially when the weather is bad for weeks and you don't have time or opportunity to wash and clean daily!

M3s are great snows - - Should help you handle the weather you get up north. BUT, I didn't think TireRack shipped to Canada - is that where you are? Did you buy through the MrRebates link? You would have gained an additional 5% rebate - see my signature below.
yes sir i did go through Mr rebate.

5% off.. but still alot! :S now im broke!

but still... finally got my winter wheel so i can drive again!!! dont have to take my gf maz3 any more :thumbsdown:

do you know how long it take them to ship how long the usual shipment?

Thanks for all your reply..!
Old 12-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

The only tire shown on TireRack for the M3 in a 225/50/17 is the RunFlat version. I hope you realized that, even though that's what you may have wanted.

I just did the same checkout procedure for your setup, and with shipping & TPMS the total came to $1684. Do they charge you Canadian dudes more? Import taxes?

Anyway, I am not sure what color your car is, but this is an idea of the look for ya. The wheels also need centering rings, which TR will provide.

Just bought my Winter tires....-borbet.jpg
Old 12-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cchay, where are you in Canada?
I purchased my tires from the dealer only because I have the "tire/rim protection" package --- if I hit a road hazard of any type and damage my rim/tires, BMW will replace them for free. I was looking at the option of getting rims and tires from Tire Rack, but had some concerns about whether the tires and TPMS would be mounted correctly etc. My current winter setup is 138 style rims with 225/50/17 Dunlop M3's. The tires are unbelievable in snow, awd helps too. HOWEVER, because my car is 4100lbs, if you take a turn too fast, you will slide forever ... same with the e-brake, although the M3's are great snow tires, then work amazing only when the wheels are straight. That being said, I would not choose a better tire than that.

I paid $3,000 + taxes = $3,390 for the set, which came installed ballanced and TPMS ready ... I also got four tire totes which are $50. Overall I like the way the car looks for a winter setup, and I have a piece of mind that I will not have problems with the rims and tires.

I'm sure you'll like the way your Borbets look.
Good Luck
Old 12-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by chhay24' post='745000' date='Dec 14 2008, 01:33 PM
yes sir i did go through Mr rebate.

5% off.. but still alot! :S now im broke!

but still... finally got my winter wheel so i can drive again!!! dont have to take my gf maz3 any more :thumbsdown:

do you know how long it take them to ship how long the usual shipment?

Thanks for all your reply..!
It depends on which of their depots the wheel / tire package will ship from. And I don't know if customs at the border will hold them up. Here in the USA I've had them ship as quick as overnight and at the longest, 3 days - but that set had to travel from their warehouse in Nevada to New Jersey. They didn't have the tires I needed in their Delaware warehouse at the time.

Guess there was a US / CA dollar adjustment you had to deal with too!
Old 12-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Contributors

who cares what it looks like, as long as you can get thru the winter safely!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='745027' date='Dec 14 2008, 02:42 PM
The only tire shown on TireRack for the M3 in a 225/50/17 is the RunFlat version. I hope you realized that, even though that's what you may have wanted.

I just did the same checkout procedure for your setup, and with shipping & TPMS the total came to $1684. Do they charge you Canadian dudes more? Import taxes?

Anyway, I am not sure what color your car is, but this is an idea of the look for ya. The wheels also need centering rings, which TR will provide.

Attachment 67150
yeah they charge the dudes from canada more cuz of da God Danm tax duty all that stuff.... but still safe about 1000 than from da dealer...

i was considering to buy from dealer like Andy535 but to think again i wonna do some mods. gotta save some $$$ $_$ ...

btw my care is oxfordgreeeeeen... lol i dont think theres alot out there.... tell me if any one got da same color as me in this forum

Quick Reply: Just bought my Winter tires....