E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Jumpiness on speed reduction or speeding

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys. Ive had my E60 since last march and i noticed right away what i call "accelerating jumpiness" and decelerating jumpiness. I remember this phenomenon was discussed a long time ago on this forum, but i cant find the posts on it.
Anyway the symptom is that when im breaking down before a cross section or something, the car sometimes seems to jump a little, it feels like a barrol thats rolling loose in the back compartment, or that the car does a little wrong gearing. This also happens when im accelerating sometimes.. Its always worse when the engine is cold.
I upgraded the software in may, and it feels better since. But i never got any info from the dealer on what version i got installed then.
Does anyone have this problem?
Can it be completely fixed by software?

Another thing im curious about, does the Nokia Nseries work on the newer sofware CIP versions in the bluetooh connection? Since my current software cant find the n80 at all. and it worked fine on my old 6230 and 6280.

Best regards d

E60 /520ias nav/mp3
Steptronic Automatic
Old 10-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Is this on an E60 with the manual transmission or the slushbox?
Old 10-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 2005 X3 3.0

Originally Posted by dragmore' post='345960' date='Oct 17 2006, 05:03 PM
Hi guys. Ive had my E60 since last march and i noticed right away what i call "accelerating jumpiness" and decelerating jumpiness. I remember this phenomenon was discussed a long time ago on this forum, but i cant find the posts on it.
Anyway the symptom is that when im breaking down before a cross section or something, the car sometimes seems to jump a little, it feels like a barrol thats rolling loose in the back compartment, or that the car does a little wrong gearing. This also happens when im accelerating sometimes.. Its always worse when the engine is cold.
I upgraded the software in may, and it feels better since. But i never got any info from the dealer on what version i got installed then.
Does anyone have this problem?
Can it be completely fixed by software?

Another thing im curious about, does the Nokia Nseries work on the newer sofware CIP versions in the bluetooh connection? Since my current software cant find the n80 at all. and it worked fine on my old 6230 and 6280.

Best regards d

E60 /520ias nav/mp3
Steptronic Automatic

first check your transmission software unit needs to be tuned and calibrelized for optimum response for gear change/accellaration/down shift etc.

second, you should check your rear end differential needs to be tightened up after certain mileage/kms

driven. if you are a aggressive driver (which i bet you are) you need to have the diff. checked.

and of course the engine is a high compression engine needs to be warmed up prior to be driven,

the valves are very important components on all BMWs they are tuned and built for responsiveness and

very delicate so you need to really keep the car warm conditions before you drive.

there are special products Bmw offers for cold area drivers you should try one for your engine.

my 0.02

tony