E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

It's here......

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006 | 06:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Well, I got a PM from a fellow forum memeber this afternoon who is also in California telling me his dealer called today to tell him they had his car. Our cars were on the same ship, which made port on Tuesday in Oxnard. I figured...if his car was here, mine should be too!! My salesman has Thursdays off, so I just drove down to the dealership and there she was....fresh off the truck. It was about 4:30 this afternoon, so I'll take delivery tomorrow, but I did a quick once over on the car....and.....ummm...damn she's sweet!!

Hopefully, by noon tomorrow I'll be playing some serious hooky!! The benefits of being self-employed!!

If I can remember to think about anything but driving, I'll take pics!!
Old 04-27-2006 | 07:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='275035' date='Apr 27 2006, 07:45 PM
Well, I got a PM from a fellow forum memeber this afternoon who is also in California telling me his dealer called today to tell him they had his car. Our cars were on the same ship, which made port on Tuesday in Oxnard. I figured...if his car was here, mine should be too!! My salesman has Thursdays off, so I just drove down to the dealership and there she was....fresh off the truck. It was about 4:30 this afternoon, so I'll take delivery tomorrow, but I did a quick once over on the car....and.....ummm...damn she's sweet!!

Hopefully, by noon tomorrow I'll be playing some serious hooky!! The benefits of being self-employed!!

Congrats you made it through the HELL period I'm still waiting for my 550 Can't wait for the pics..
Old 04-28-2006 | 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats, try to get a good nights sleep (if possible)

Be sure to post pics - why not take some at delivery?
Old 04-28-2006 | 07:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Congrats!! Today is the day to pickup the car!!!
Old 04-28-2006 | 07:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='275035' date='Apr 28 2006, 03:45 AM

You guys do well in the US it would take a UK dealer probably 3 or 4 days to prepare the car following delivery.
Old 04-28-2006 | 07:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by andymac' post='275248' date='Apr 28 2006, 08:48 AM
You guys do well in the US it would take a UK dealer probably 3 or 4 days to prepare the car following delivery.
Yeah, but you guys are just a short hop away from the factory.....my car took 30 days from to get over here to the west coast!! At any rate........I'm just glad she's here!!
Old 04-28-2006 | 07:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

I am 70 minutes from my 550 delivery and way too pumped up for my own good.

I have to remember its just a car, its just a car, its just a car....

Congrats Kmslo and good luck!
Old 04-28-2006 | 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='275251' date='Apr 28 2006, 06:54 PM

It's only an hour right now
Old 04-28-2006 | 08:40 AM
Members

I hope that you don't have any sort of medical condition, for example heart disease. Anyways, have fun with your new car. I guess we won't be seeing you for a few days. Please think of us and post photos though.

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='275251' date='Apr 28 2006, 10:54 AM

Old 04-28-2006 | 08:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Congrats!...and yes, pixs!!!!

Quick Reply: It's here......