E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

It's been a fun 3 yrs, but time to make a change.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea after having my 530 for 2 years - I don't think I would ever want to buy another car if it isn't BMW. Whenever I sit in it - I feel like I belong there. Its perfect..its everything that I wanted in a car. And I know '06 530i isn't the highest-quality car by BMW currently (obviously since newer models come out every year) but man its the best car I had so far (and I'm only 21 ) My brother drives a Cadillac and my friend has a Benz..and I drove them a couple times - but it JUST doesn't feel as good as my E60
Old 10-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

i don't get why some people in theory get so loyal to a particular car manufacturer. first of all your bmw feels great because it is your car and you are used to it. i'm sure you give an MB or an Audi a run for as long as you've owned your bimmer and you could get used to it as well.

people have told me on every message board i've ever been on that i will be "back" to whatever car i had at the time. it hasn't happened yet.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e60

Originally Posted by jmsod
I will show you the back of the car. Maybe you will like that view better
Kidding. To each his own.
agreed

i just got bimmer blood in me and have no real interest in the competition

tis a beast non the less sir
Old 10-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i don't get why some people in theory get so loyal to a particular car manufacturer.....

I could not agree more. BMW makes great cars, but there are so many good manufacturers out there. MB, Audi, Porsche, etc. If someone would have told me a couple of years ago that I would be driving a MB now, I would have said no way, but this is a car I simply could not pass up.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

I was considering one of these E55's before i got my M5. For me the M5 looks much more sportier, stiffer and a young mans car. E55 is more of a older persons sport sedan. Im also pretty sure the that both stock the M5 has an advantage V10
Old 10-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Originally Posted by Bronze545i
I was considering one of these E55's before i got my M5. For me the M5 looks much more sportier, stiffer and a young mans car. E55 is more of a older persons sport sedan. Im also pretty sure the that both stock the M5 has an advantage V10

I think you would be wrong and looking at the back end of a E55 in a drag race. The advantage is in the suspension with the M5, because in many of the test the E55 was better in the quarter and the 60 feet than the M5. I don't think the E55 has a rack and pinion, it also has that crazy air bag suspension.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bronze545i
Im also pretty sure the that both stock the M5 has an advantage V10

The M5 will have the advantage after about 100-110 mph, but I guarantee you that 0-60 and quarter mile the E55 beats the M5. It takes a lot to get into the full TQ of the M5. The E55 has tons of TQ and it is available very VERY early. So I think I will be the one
Old 10-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by jmsod
I will show you the back of the car. Maybe you will like that view better
Kidding. To each his own.
very true, to each its own.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Correction to the Rack comment I made earlier, I put the benz up in the air yesterday and it does have a rack and pinion there. The car is just not as precise feeling as the BMW steering wise.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by healthservices
Correction to the Rack comment I made earlier, I put the benz up in the air yesterday and it does have a rack and pinion there. The car is just not as precise feeling as the BMW steering wise.

You are correct. Without debate, the M-B does not handle as well as any BMW. The handling of a BMW is simply top notch. I made some sacrifices going with the E55 (auto transmission and average handling), but I am very happy with the car. As I said before, the power off the line is simply amazing.

Quick Reply: It's been a fun 3 yrs, but time to make a change.