E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

iPod interface

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all, I have just got a 525d sport (56 plate), really pleased with it, had beemers for years but first 5 series.

I have had an ipod interface retro fitted but can't get it to work. It's a 5g video ipod. The BMW ipod interface says the tracks should appear below the CD bit within iDrive, but this doesn't highlight.

The screen changes on the ipod when I connect. I have just erased everything from the ipod and put one album on as a test.

All help welcome, I have read numerous posts, blogs etc but can't figure it out. Any quick fixes/ideas??

Cheers.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by mantis' post='737192' date='Dec 3 2008, 05:06 PM
Hello all, I have just got a 525d sport (56 plate), really pleased with it, had beemers for years but first 5 series.

I have had an ipod interface retro fitted but can't get it to work. It's a 5g video ipod. The BMW ipod interface says the tracks should appear below the CD bit within iDrive, but this doesn't highlight.

The screen changes on the ipod when I connect. I have just erased everything from the ipod and put one album on as a test.

All help welcome, I have read numerous posts, blogs etc but can't figure it out. Any quick fixes/ideas??

Cheers.

When you got the ipod retrofitted, did you install it yourself and have the dealer reprogram the car? If you did install it, but didn't get it programmed, time to go to the dealer and have it programmed.

Did the dealer test it for you before you left? If not, better go back to the dealer and have them fix it. =)
Old 12-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='737198' date='Dec 3 2008, 10:10 PM
When you got the ipod retrofitted, did you install it yourself and have the dealer reprogram the car? If you did install it, but didn't get it programmed, time to go to the dealer and have it programmed.

Did the dealer test it for you before you left? If not, better go back to the dealer and have them fix it. =)
All installed by the dealer (?600 they reckoned!! I had ?1000 of accessories vouchers free though, so that also covered a roof rack system with two bicycle holders and some mats). They tried to demo it but I only had my iPhone with me. That didn't work so I said I would try my iPod.

Incidently, they have done something to the iDrive as I can no longer access the climate section of the iDrive! Cowboys!

I think you are right, take it back to them. It's just time and hassle! Plus I wanted to see it working, new toy/gadget and all that!!
Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i

Originally Posted by mantis' post='737214' date='Dec 3 2008, 05:25 PM
All installed by the dealer (?600 they reckoned!! I had ?1000 of accessories vouchers free though, so that also covered a roof rack system with two bicycle holders and some mats). They tried to demo it but I only had my iPhone with me. That didn't work so I said I would try my iPod.

Incidently, they have done something to the iDrive as I can no longer access the climate section of the iDrive! Cowboys!

I think you are right, take it back to them. It's just time and hassle! Plus I wanted to see it working, new toy/gadget and all that!!
darn those dealers. Good luck and i'm sure they'll fix it for yah. And it should work with the iphone. My iphone works fine. =)
Old 12-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

bright it back to the dealer, i had some issues after my upgrade, lighter has no supply, the eyebrows were dead, the navi sometimes flickers and bluetooth was disconnecting. After the upgrade they said that there were steps that were missed during the software installation. lets hope for the best, Good Luck!