E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Interior trim and exterior trim

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='478607' date='Oct 6 2007, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear about the mixup.

Didn't you guys write up proper documents? I know I did yesterday.

The black trim for the outside windows goes under the name "Shadow Line", and the interior trim with - int. trim.

It might be hard to change them now, I know there's a three month cue for 520d's.

Changing them afterwards is not a good idea!
Well, there is a company that works with car leases in my job and i gave them the spec i wanted and they wrote it up and asked around for the best quote and everything. They showed me what they had on their order form that was being sent to the lease company that gave the best quote and everything i saw was present and correct.

So, im assuming it has been mixed up between that stage and when the order was at BMW.

Matt
Old 10-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Members

Right guys a little bit of an update for you;

After not accepting the car last week because the order was wrong and I had a hell of a day so didn?t have my head on (realise I should have just accepted it now) I was left with a few options

1) order a new car- but with orders going back three months now for the new 177ps 520d?s this really wasn?t an option.

2) replace the interior trim as this was what I was most concerned about ? I consulted the lease company and to change to black they said that the monthly cost would change as the black inside trim is a 285quid option! I thought it was no cost and even after emailing them the price list showing this they weren?t having any of it! So this was ruled out as I couldn?t be bothered arguing after the point they said they could sell it and make more money as it is the first one that they have got in the uk so it is in high demand.

3) just accept the car and arrange a new delivery date - this is the one I went for and I will just live with it and im sure it will grow on me. I just want to experience the new car now to be honest.

For some reason it takes another ten days to organise a delivery so its coming next Thursday PM.

Btw 525d m sport,

The black trim looks so good with the beige interior. . . .that was the look I tried to go for.

Cheers all

matt
Old 10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by matt520d' post='480320' date='Oct 11 2007, 12:53 PM
Lol yeah im from the uk so get the steering on the "wrong side" thanks for your reply

Matt

LOL - I think I will hire a driver if I ever visit the UK as I don't think it would be easy switching over from left hand to right hand drive...have you driven a left hand drive ever?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by matt520d' post='480334' date='Oct 11 2007, 10:28 PM
Right guys a little bit of an update for you;

2) replace the interior trim as this was what I was most concerned about ? I consulted the lease company and to change to black they said that the monthly cost would change as the black inside trim is a 285quid option! I thought it was no cost and even after emailing them the price list showing this they weren?t having any of it! So this was ruled out as I couldn?t be bothered arguing after the point they said they could sell it and make more money as it is the first one that they have got in the uk so it is in high demand.
Cheers all

matt

Forgetting right & wrong etc., but focussing on what will make you happy with your new ride, how much is the monthly rate going to change for a 285 pound option... 2-5 pounds per month?? Why not just pay the extra few pounds per month and have total peace of mind with your new ride. The way I would look at it is I am paying extra for the shaddow line option, which is probably the cost they are trying to recover with the 285 pounds!!

I personally would pay for it and not worry about the politics and principles -- enjoying my car every day is more important to me than that. Some times you have to lose to win
Old 10-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

deleted - double post - correct post above
Old 10-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Contributors

i agree with xBMWx - there are some compromises one should not make. i made the mistake with my first e60, where i was really unhappy that i made compromises i should not have made. ended up trying to compensate the compromise by buying new wheels for my car, that also did not make me happy. luckily i got away by selling my old car and getting my current car... something as small as this would disturb me.

@525d MSport
oh yes - it is a private joke on a thread from a german forum. there are seriously some people on that forum who think that a 520d is too underpowered to be allowed to have a m-packet and the car/engine itself is an embarrassment for other powerful 5 series since the 520d with only 230kmh max speed gets overtaken too often by the audis and mercs of this world - basically the "overtaking prestige". yes yes, sometimes very sad what people like to talk about...
Old 10-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Senior Members

[/quote]@525d MSport
oh yes - it is a private joke on a thread from a german forum. there are seriously some people on that forum who think that a 520d is too underpowered to be allowed to have a m-packet and the car/engine itself is an embarrassment for other powerful 5 series since the 520d with only 230kmh max speed gets overtaken too often by the audis and mercs of this world - basically the "overtaking prestige". yes yes, sometimes very sad what people like to talk about...
[/quote]
That does makes me laugh. Sad people indeed.

I came from a 170bhp MB C270CDI that wouldn't even do 230kmh (143mph). Once over 100mph (161kmh) it was very slow to accelerate. Thus I personaly have a lot of respect for the 520d especially the LCi engined version.

With the UK company car tax system the emissions of the 520d make it something of a bargin compared to its competitors.

In the UK the limit is 70mph and being caught doing 96mph or more means a court appearance and possibly a ban. I got away with being clocked at 96.4mph a few years ago with a fine and points on my licence.

Now I remember when I though my 136 bhp 3 litre Capri was the dogs...

I predict that BMW will sell loads of 520d in the UK over the next 12 months.

Regards,
Old 10-12-2007, 04:10 AM
Contributors

@Matt
i looked at the pics again, and I must admit that i think the silver is just a bit too much inside the colour - there is black, there is beige and then somehow the silver really looks out of place. obviously a black trim would fit to the black dashboard and the only think would be just black and beige - more balanced.

@@525d MSport
yes indeed, the 520d is an amazing car with an amazing fuel consumption. what impresses me is that people get over 600 miles with one tank whereas i have to start looking for a gas station once i see 300 miles on my car. on top of that, with all the speed restrictions, a 0-60 in 8sec and 230 max speed is more that enough. i have always said, a 520d with active steering (which they have started to offer with sept 07) and sportsautomitic would be the amazing car for me...
Old 10-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by matt520d' post='480334' date='Oct 11 2007, 09:28 PM
For some reason it takes another ten days to organise a delivery so its coming next Thursday PM.
Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear about the mix up with your order. I have grey trim, which I chose rather than black as I went for the anthracite seats. I think it lifts the interior a little with the dark fabric and blends with the colour of the i-drive and other metal (effect) controls. I also thought the black trim may show up finger prints and the like more easily...

But then this is down to personal choice, I think your car looks great either way (being similar to mine!!), and can confirm you will enjoy yourself in it!