E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Interior Lights STUCK on, drained battery....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i

Hi Everyone, Im new to the forum, , glad to have found it ! My interior lights turn off when my car locks however the orange back lights for example on the door where you lock the doors and roll the windows up and down, those orange lights stay on. I wait for hours , relock, reset, nothing. Does anyone have any idea what or how I can resolve this issue. I put on the window lock for the rear windows as well and the green light even stays on , my battery is drained every morning ...Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i, Silver Gray Metallic on gray, Logic7,Adaptive Xenons
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Many of the lights stay on in the car because they're LED's which use little energy, the window lock and shifter light will stay on. If your ambiance lighting is staying on make sure your headlights or running lights aren't left in the on position, the ambiance lights will stay on even when you take the keys out and lock the car if the headlight switch is in the on position.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by PaoChe
Many of the lights stay on in the car because they're LED's which use little energy, the window lock and shifter light will stay on. If your ambiance lighting is staying on make sure your headlights or running lights aren't left in the on position, the ambiance lights will stay on even when you take the keys out and lock the car if the headlight switch is in the on position.
Thanks , I have the headlights set to automatic, would that have anything to do with it.? Thanks so much, Im going to check now to make sure....
Old 03-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Members

Thanks PAO- The lights are set to off , and the running lights are off. Again, the interior lights like the reading lights and dome lights that go off when you close the door all go off. The Orange Lights, such as the ones by the shifter that backlight the D, R N , or P ( Drive, Reverse, Neutral, Park ) stay on over night, its like the car wont go into sleep mode, all the doors lock. The red light blinks normally etc.. Everything seems to be fine except these lights stay on..They wanyt $350 just to do a check at the BMW dealer, as Its not covered since I have 51k miles and my extended warranty is not thru them..Ugh , Thanks AGAIN
Old 03-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i, Silver Gray Metallic on gray, Logic7,Adaptive Xenons
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

The light next to the shifter is always on. Is that the only light you're refering to? Because that isn't the issue. Or is it the orange ambiance lighting in the ceiling and doors too?

Also if your headlights are on Auto then you shouldn't have an issue with any non-essential interior lights staying on. The window lock, and shifter indicator light are always on.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

I dont believe the orange light next to the shifter always stays on, nor do the ambiance lights... I think when the car goes into sleep mode these all go off.

EDIT: I just went to my garage to check and everything but the orange light at the shifter is off... all lighting, window lock light, active headlamp light, red ambiance lights are all off. The car is pitch black inside. And I think at some point the orange shifter light goes off too - I only got home 15 minutes ago.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Members

@jaycal3- thanks so much, and i let it sit for 15 like the dealer told me to, again for a few hrs, nothing still on..

Thanks for the help ....The orange lights you both are talking about are the ones I am referring to as well. around the shifter and in the ceiling, etc...There like back lighting when your driving at night, same color lights that light up the dash ..around the cig lighter etc...I just spent a hour down looking at idrive settings etc, nothing...The battery is fully charged now as I drove the car today but if it sits for 12 hrs it gets " HIGH DRAINAGE WARNING " however that goes away once I again drive it for 20 minutes its fine for about 12 hrs, its a slow drain..HMMM Anymore suggestions I would love em,... I can post the pics. Just need to figure out how, lol. Do you think if I pull the fuse it will be ok for a few days until if I have to go to the dealer?

Thanks Mike
Old 03-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Members

@jaycal3- thanks so much, and i let it sit for 15 like the dealer told me to, again for a few hrs, nothing still on..

Thanks for the help ....The orange lights you both are talking about are the ones I am referring to as well. around the shifter and in the ceiling, etc...There like back lighting when your driving at night, same color lights that light up the dash ..around the cig lighter etc...I just spent a hour down looking at idrive settings etc, nothing...The battery is fully charged now as I drove the car today but if it sits for 12 hrs it gets " HIGH DRAINAGE WARNING " however that goes away once I again drive it for 20 minutes its fine for about 12 hrs, its a slow drain..HMMM Anymore suggestions I would love em,... I can post the pics. Just need to figure out how, lol. Do you think if I pull the fuse it will be ok for a few days until if I have to go to the dealer?

Thanks Mike
Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jaycal3
I dont believe the orange light next to the shifter always stays on, nor do the ambiance lights... I think when the car goes into sleep mode these all go off.

EDIT: I just went to my garage to check and everything but the orange light at the shifter is off... all lighting, window lock light, active headlamp light, red ambiance lights are all off. The car is pitch black inside. And I think at some point the orange shifter light goes off too - I only got home 15 minutes ago.

Thanks Mike
Attached Thumbnails Interior Lights STUCK on, drained battery....-img_1446.jpg  
Old 04-26-2017, 06:30 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 525i
Model Year: 206

i now have the same problem after retrofit Hud. Have you solved your problem OPS?