E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Interior fan runs after car shutdown

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm experiencing a strange problem today - an interior fan (seems like the one that drives the windshield vents) continues to run after I shut down the car. Anyone seen this before?

I don't have parked car ventilation on and everything is off (dash/electronics are completely shut down). I'm worried about this running my battery down...
Old 10-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by chris.y' post='341932' date='Oct 6 2006, 02:32 AM
I'm experiencing a strange problem today - an interior fan (seems like the one that drives the windshield vents) continues to run after I shut down the car. Anyone seen this before?

I don't have parked car ventilation on and everything is off (dash/electronics are completely shut down). I'm worried about this running my battery down...
I've had this occur twice within the week of me taking delivery of my car. Have not had it reoccur since. I believe the new software update v23 is suppose to fix this. Then again, it's also suppose to fix the 'CD/DVD music files keep playing after shut down' but apparently it didn't
Old 10-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Members

Leburpor - thanks.

My problem disappeared after about an hour and didn't reoccur today. It's probably some sort of software bug that happens only under certain circumstances. Very weird, though, and reading about the "phantom car windows open" and other Stephen King-like stuff is pretty interesting. At least the car doesn't blue screen and reboot when you're driving it. Knock on wood!
Old 10-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by chris.y' post='341932' date='Oct 5 2006, 06:02 PM

Hi,

I had the same issue with my MY06 3 months after delivery. This fault is stated in a BMW bulletin. Anyway, it is a resisitor which is located behind the dash (actually, pretty much behind the iDrive screen). My problem was intermittent as well. But I suggest that you get it fixed since the cost for the procedure was close to 700 EUR even though my car was fixed under warranty.
The mechanic said that it was a known issue but not very common.

/Knubblo
Old 10-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Members

Knubblo - that is really helpful - if you happen to know the bulletin, can you let me know?

My car is going in for service in a few weeks and I'll have them fix this while it's in the shop.