E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

installed lci lights, but cant get my adaptive lights to work right.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

so i put lci adaptive headlights(AHL) on my car which previously had AHL as well.
i installed the wiring per directions. i put in a light module part#61359153273 that i got out of a used 7 series. installed new AHL modules ending in 312.

using ncsexpert and winkpf, i added +MUEB and verified i had 522 and 524 in the VO, i reflashed/coded the LM2 and the lights seem to all work ok, except the AHL. the headlights auto level on startup, and do a brief side to side motion. but they dont move properly when in auto mode. the left light doesnt really move much, and the right light moves to the right a little and back to center, but no left motion. the green led by the light switch is solid green...no errors.

i tried recoding the 2LSMC and 2RSMC with ncsexpert, but i get an error. i can "read ecu" these modules, but i cannot code them. i also get errors when trying to "read ecu" CAS and BFS and maybe another module or two. not sure why.

installed lci lights, but cant get my adaptive lights to work right.-error.jpg

when recoding a LM2 module, do your guys' AHL lights work without doing any other coding?
any ideas?
Old 03-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Your installation of NCSExpert is missing a few files. I had that same problem when I tried doing some coding on my car.. I could read/write to any module, except LM2.

I'm at work right now... but I'll try to remember to dig up exactly what I did to fix it. Send me a PM if I don't reply by late evening
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ricapar
Your installation of NCSExpert is missing a few files. I had that same problem when I tried doing some coding on my car.. I could read/write to any module, except LM2.

I'm at work right now... but I'll try to remember to dig up exactly what I did to fix it. Send me a PM if I don't reply by late evening
I should have all the latest files, but you never know.
I looked in my data folder for those specific files mentioned in the errors, and they are there.

Did you have to code your 2rsmc and 2lmc modules to get your AHL to work?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2003 E60 520i Black Metalic. Glass Sun Roof, Climate Control High, Bluetooth, Leather Memory, PDC, Adaptive Xenon, Navi Pro, Voice Control, Ipod, Folding rear seats, OEM 172 19" Summer Wheels, OEM 138 17" Winter Wheels.

Originally Posted by turboawd
I should have all the latest files, but you never know.
I looked in my data folder for those specific files mentioned in the errors, and they are there.

Did you have to code your 2rsmc and 2lmc modules to get your AHL to work?
I bought mine used from Ebay - the seller marked them left and right, so I installed them with no coding, and the AHL works fine. If the modules are new or from another car (7 series etc) then you need to code them to make it work.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by thomassteen
I bought mine used from Ebay - the seller marked them left and right, so I installed them with no coding, and the AHL works fine. If the modules are new or from another car (7 series etc) then you need to code them to make it work.
i got help over at bmwcoding.com
basically,my data files for ncsexpert ans edibas were not updated right. i was able to code the ahl modules, and the lights turn when parked in my garage. i'll test them later tonight when its dark and see how it goes.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 550i Sports Package
Model Year: 2007

i got help over at bmwcoding.com
basically,my data files for ncsexpert ans edibas were not updated right. i was able to code the ahl modules, and the lights turn when parked in my garage. i'll test them later tonight when its dark and see how it goes.
Can you tell me what you did to resolve this. My lights are acting just as yours however neither the AHL nor SMC modules shows up anywhere (INPA, DIS, NCSepert). I did not do a LCI retrofit I just replaced the SMC (1 new) and AHL(1 new)and I also replaced the LM with a LM2.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gee_115
Can you tell me what you did to resolve this. My lights are acting just as yours however neither the AHL nor SMC modules shows up anywhere (INPA, DIS, NCSepert). I did not do a LCI retrofit I just replaced the SMC (1 new) and AHL(1 new)and I also replaced the LM with a LM2.
the ahl modules show up as 2Lxx and 2Rxx....something like that. you just need to code the lm2 with your VO, not the VO that was on there, if you bought used.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Members

Hi guys,

Are any of you in the LA area? My left adaptive headlight on my '04 525i no long works (LED blinking) and I'm hoping someone can help me w/ 1. what I need to fix (AHL module or if I need the entire headlight) and 2. coding. Please let me know what you guys charge .

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 550i Sports Package
Model Year: 2007

i added +MUEB to VO
What does this do?
Old 08-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gee_115
What does this do?
+MUEB tells that you have the updated lci lights, so that the light control module can be coded accordingly.

Quick Reply: installed lci lights, but cant get my adaptive lights to work right.