E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Individual Woodtrim Nussbaum Amarone

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I am gonna order a new 530 this saturday. I am located in the Netherlands (europe). I will get the beige interior and I like the standard wood trim that you can choose from the option list. While surfing the net I came on the German BMW site and saw the individual woodtrim Nussbaum Amarone. The trim is part of the individual business that bmw has for special wishes.

Is there anybody that has chosen this special woodtrim, or anything else from the individual programm from BMW?

My second question is the new 3.0 litre engine that is gonna come. I've read several forums and noticed that there isn't much certainty when it's gonna come. Is there any news about this new 3.0? I need this car rather quick because my old 330 ci convertible was crashed and is totalled. A 2 month wait is no problem for me but if it is gonna be 2005 I will not wait for it (I am in Europe so maybe its here quicker???)

Thanks guys!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

When making an educated guess I would say that the updated 3 liter petrol engine will be installed in the E60 starting production September 2004 (this is the moment where major updates are performed because BMW resumes production right after the summer vacation). If BMW however needs to get rid of their remaining old 3 liter engines then I am almost certain that they would use them in the E46 since that car is almost at the end of its production cycle. Another argument that leads me to the update happening in September is the fact that the updated engine will be put in the 630Ci which is also produced in the same plant and having two different versions of the same engine wouldn't make sense. I hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Thanks Johan! I'm gonna ask the dealer tomorrow for a definitive answer.

Where are you located in Belgium?? My farther lives in Melle near Gent.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Contributors

I?m also interested to know if anybody on this list has actually optioned anything from the BMW INDIVIDUAL E60 list?

It seems a bit mysterious and the dealers I?ve talked to has had no info on the matter whatsoever. I wanted a black car with red leather and Piano black trims (this is how my present e46 looks - and even after 5 years it looks great and people whose sense of style I really respect and that thought it sounded tacky is still impressed when they see it live) but that was impossible according to dealers. The Individual program DO have some really tasteless options I think but the combo I wanted WOULD be possible. 5 yrs ago when I looked into it it was stupefyingly expensive so I guess that?s my second question (It was not possible to deduct from the web):
What are the costs like for these INDIVIDUAL stylings?
(5 yrs ago I was hinted towards 8000-12000? additional cost for a setup with paint, interior & trim
My combo black-Red-piano black was actually a standard option for a short while!)

ps
There also seems to be a second interpretation of the INDIVIDUAL concept whereas US customers can go there to get euro-options?

TIA
mats
Old 06-26-2004, 02:49 AM
Senior Members

objekt,

Can't help you on the BMW Individual options as these are not available in the UK. However a friend of mine had his silver grey 530d delivered with black cloth trim and the dealer arranged for it to be retrimmed in Tanin red leather for him. This gave him black dash/carpets/door panels and seat backs with only red leather on the seats and door panel inserts. His car has the standard Titanium dash trim. I thought it looked great but he did not like it at all and had it retrimmed in black leather. Unfortunately he did not take any photos of the car whilst it had the red leather.

The cost was around ?1000 to have the red leather put in and it was done to a better standard than my factory supplied leather. My only comment on the red would be that it would have looked much better with a black roof headliner instead of the grey. I believe that it is possible to order the black headliner in Germany now.