E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Individual Audio

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:35 PM
TC.
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d m sport - 9 Weeks to go!!
Question

For those of you interested in the Individual Audio option available on the e60 LCI - be warned that it is in addition to Logic 7! Therefore not only must you have one of the Nav options but also logic 7 before you can have Individual Audio. My dealer quoted me ?1350ish for the individual option yesterday evening; therefore the total cost for the Audio system BEFORE you add the cost of Nav is an eye watering ?2,250ish!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TC.' post='377148' date='Jan 12 2007, 08:35 AM
For those of you interested in the Individual Audio option available on the e60 LCI - be warned that it is in addition to Logic 7! Therefore not only must you have one of the Nav options but also logic 7 before you can have Individual Audio. My dealer quoted me ?1350ish for the individual option yesterday evening; therefore the total cost for the Audio system BEFORE you add the cost of Nav is an eye watering ?2,250ish!!!!!!!!!
And then someone plays an MP3 thought it!

ABC
Old 01-11-2007, 11:56 PM
TC.
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='377153' date='Jan 12 2007, 08:51 AM
And then someone plays an MP3 thought it!

ABC
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by TC.' post='377148' date='Jan 12 2007, 08:35 AM
the total cost for the Audio system BEFORE you add the cost of Nav is an eye watering ?2,250ish!!!!!!!!!
Ouch...

Here's my take on it

- the basic audio (in Europe) is a totally sub-standard and disgrace for a car in this segment. That's ok because it's a drivers car and we should be listening to the sound of our engine anyway... right?
- if you like listening to music (or even radio) in the car then the HiFi upgrade is a very noticeable improvement over the basic setup and probably worth the money (although many think it should be really be the standard setup as it is in the US)
- Logic7 is a very nice gadget but I personally could never hear a difference between it and HiFi but perhaps I do not have such fine ears (like some of you on this forum)
- It sounds like Individual Audio is there for those boys and girls who already have everything and need some new way to spend some moola
Old 01-12-2007, 12:47 AM
TC.
Members

I agree, the standard stereo is at best average.

I am about to go slightly; I think all the companies offering cars in this segment though play the same game - they bank on people trading up to make the money. The only car in recent times where I haven't seen this is on the RRS HSE - at 47K (ish) it has excellent seat, great nav and logic 7 as well as electric folding this and that, dimming mirrors etc etc. as standard - the 535d is 5/6K cheaper however once you have specced up to be comparable - hey presto, it is about 47K's worth of car!!

I just think the cost of the majority of options in this segment is so out of kilter with the same technology in everyday life - the iPod doc is a great example - ?200 for a doc, would you pay ?200 for a doc to sync your iPod with your PC? Sat Nav - ?1600 for something that isn't as good as ?400 spent on the high street that does a lot more.............

Rant rant rant rant..........any how its the weekend soon.

I went for the logic 7 as I loved it in the Range Rover and am looking forward to having greater control of it through iDrive in the BM - I must admit though that I haven't even heard the HiFi let alone Logic in the BM!!!! all i know is that the standard stereo is pap.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='377159' date='Jan 12 2007, 03:25 AM
Ouch...

Here's my take on it

- the basic audio (in Europe) is a totally sub-standard and disgrace for a car in this segment. That's ok because it's a drivers car and we should be listening to the sound of our engine anyway... right?
- if you like listening to music (or even radio) in the car then the HiFi upgrade is a very noticeable improvement over the basic setup and probably worth the money (although many think it should be really be the standard setup as it is in the US)
- Logic7 is a very nice gadget but I personally could never hear a difference between it and HiFi but perhaps I do not have such fine ears (like some of you on this forum)
- It sounds like Individual Audio is there for those boys and girls who already have everything and need some new way to spend some moola

Yep I agree with all that ...I have the Hi Fi which is pretty good, I am currently driving a 530dA M Sport demonstrator which has standard audio and it is horrible....the audio that is. Actually not that impressed with the M Sport, it has style 172 wheels and looks great but the ride is too harsh for everyday motoring, lovely to drive but I doubt the family will enjoy it over the weekend. ...guess I will go for a 535dSE with a few options incl Hi fi

Simon
Old 01-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Senior Members

But what does this individual audio actually involve extra?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:18 AM
TC.
Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='377172' date='Jan 12 2007, 10:22 AM
From what I have seen, better quality speakers and uprated digital signal processing - I imagine you would need to hear it to understand the price differential
Old 01-12-2007, 03:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='377172' date='Jan 12 2007, 12:22 PM
It is basically the Logic7 system, with a new more powerful digital amplifier and 16 speakers (so a few more added). All the speaker elements have been replaced with more expensive high-end ones.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Was the B&O sound option that BMW/Samsung were touting Bluetooth stereo support for ever released in the 5 Series? I'm wondering if Individual includes this...

Remember this old press-release?

Bang and Olufson - BMW 5, Samsung A2DP

Quick Reply: Individual Audio