E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E60 FACELIFT ELECTRIC SEATS NOT WORKING

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum, basically I have just changed my standard cloth interior which only electric feature is to move the back and base. It has manual tilt and manual slide forward and back and no memory function. to a full black leather M-Sport interior where everything is electric including the headrest.

I have put them in and they don't work. nothing happens at all.

Is there anything i could do to make it work? i am not too bothered about the heated seats and the memory function not working but as long as the motors work and it can adjust position i will be more than happy.

Any help please, i would be completely grateful. This is completely doing my head in and i have spent all my money on the extra m-sport bits. i need a good quick fix solution like wiring up the power strait to the seat or something, anything.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Originally Posted by adil_y_uk
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum, basically I have just changed my standard cloth interior which only electric feature is to move the back and base. It has manual tilt and manual slide forward and back and no memory function. to a full black leather M-Sport interior where everything is electric including the headrest.

I have put them in and they don't work. nothing happens at all.

Is there anything i could do to make it work? i am not too bothered about the heated seats and the memory function not working but as long as the motors work and it can adjust position i will be more than happy.

Any help please, i would be completely grateful. This is completely doing my head in and i have spent all my money on the extra m-sport bits. i need a good quick fix solution like wiring up the power strait to the seat or something, anything.
hi mate did you get these seats to work in the end if you did what did you change to the wiring or was it just coding that was required?
Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 PM
New Members

My Ride: 525d

Hi Folks

My car is a 2004 525d SE. It originally came with a half electric, heated cloth seats. I have now replaced them with heated leather but with FULL electric which comes with memory seats. However, after i fitted the new seats on, the electric seats do not move or function. The heated seats however does work fine.

Anyone out there that can do the wiring and coding in London area??
Old 04-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

I would think that there are both wiring and coding that needs to be done. you'll have to check the wiring schema of both vehicles (yours and donor) and do the math. After that, definitely coding needs to be done. Coding always needs to be done when adding or deleting components such as this.