E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Impact of non-runflats on part exchange?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 04:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 530D Sport Auto plus bits.

Hi,

Looks like delivery of my LCI model may slip into April following a call with the dealer this morning. Only problem that gives me is that the rear tyres on the car are just about done and could be illegal by the time the trade in comes. My question is has anyone chopped a car in after runflats have been replaced with non-runflats?

I could probably get a pair of cheap and nastys fitted for around ?200 whereas NCT5's would cost nearer ?360. I don't want to do that though if the dealer is likely to pick up on it and insist I'm on the hook for the cost of replacing them with run flats.

Alternatively if there is anyone in the UK who wants to get out of a pair of 245/40/18 runflats with a few mill left on them drop me a PM and perhaps we can come to some arrangement.

Fatlab
Old 02-21-2007, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fatlab' post='393864' date='Feb 21 2007, 08:50 AM
Hi,

Looks like delivery of my LCI model may slip into April following a call with the dealer this morning. Only problem that gives me is that the rear tyres on the car are just about done and could be illegal by the time the trade in comes. My question is has anyone chopped a car in after runflats have been replaced with non-runflats?

I could probably get a pair of cheap and nastys fitted for around ?200 whereas NCT5's would cost nearer ?360. I don't want to do that though if the dealer is likely to pick up on it and insist I'm on the hook for the cost of replacing them with run flats.

Alternatively if there is anyone in the UK who wants to get out of a pair of 245/40/18 runflats with a few mill left on them drop me a PM and perhaps we can come to some arrangement.

Fatlab
If they picked up on the fact they'll be illegal by the time of delivery, rest assured they will check them up and if they are not RFT they'll ask you to change them or pay for it. The car was supplied with RFT and I assume has no spare.

Your best bet is get a couple of used RFT from someone or from ebay.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by the-oneil' post='393869' date='Feb 21 2007, 02:27 PM
If they picked up on the fact they'll be illegal by the time of delivery, rest assured they will check them up and if they are not RFT they'll ask you to change them or pay for it. The car was supplied with RFT and I assume has no spare.

Your best bet is get a couple of used RFT from someone or from ebay.
Thats about the size of it. Like I said earlier if someone is looking to repace their runflats the chances are the fronts will have more tread than the rears and I'm happy to do a deal to take them on.

Fatlab
Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

I thought you could turn in the car with non-runflats.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hi Fatlab,

If you are running with 123's switch the worse ones front and try to live with it.

Does your orderform say when the delivery should have been for the new one?

If so and even if it doesn't, negotiate with the dealer.

Do not wast ?200 for nothing, because they are late!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='393902' date='Feb 21 2007, 05:04 PM
Hi Fatlab,

If you are running with 123's switch the worse ones front and try to live with it.
Does your orderform say when the delivery should have been for the new one?

If so and even if it doesn't, negotiate with the dealer.

Do not wast ?200 for nothing, because they are late!
I already did the front to back swap last week and when the car was appraised the tyres were marked up as 5mm front 2mm rear. The delivery was aimed for last week in March so I knew I had 6 weeks of use to cover but it looks like I swapped the tyres too late as the tyre wear indicators are flush with the surface now indicating 1.6mm.

They have done about 32000 on the rears but I could be looking at 1500-2000 miles before the new one arrives.

I can probably get some part worn runflats for about ?100 fitted for the pair which will be enough to get me over it. The last thing I want to do even if they are cool with the tyre wear is get nicked for two bald tyres.

Regards

Fatlab
Old 02-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

SEEMS TO ME THERE IS 2 ISSUES.
have you a fixed trade in deal?if so then they are aware of the tyre wear.
if not negotiate a price hike on your car withnew tyres.
they will have to replace the tyres anyways so i bet they have built in the price on your deal.ask them to fit now and pay a nominal 2months wear as a gesture. see the salesman tell him the story and cancel the car if he wont budge.
the point is they would have known the car needed new tyres, so get them to fit them now.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

i have a sport m wheel with a rft that has good tread near new that has been repaired i carried around abroad for a spare,good undamaged wheel but lacqure peeled in placesyours for 45? plus carriage if any good. from my old 530d pm if interested
Old 02-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Members

My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

Originally Posted by Fatlab' post='393864' date='Feb 21 2007, 01:50 PM
Hi,

Fatlab
PM me I have what you want, two runflats with no repairs and 5mm of tread. Just come off my 530d Sport, want ?50 per tyre, can deliver to Warwick FOC.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Members

Chaps,

Thanks for your assistance, I managed to get a pair of Goodyear NCT5 EMTs with 5mm tread off ebay for ?80 shipped. Just got to find a local fitter at a reasonable price now....

Regards

Dave