E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I'm dyin' here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 530i sport, Titanium Silver

Hello,

As of Friday, the BMW Owner's Circle website showed that my new car went from "Scheduled for Production" to "Awaiting Transport". I got really excited as I now have a VIN and thought (based on other postings I read here) that I could start tracking my car as it makes its journey across the Atlantic.

I first hit some of the websites mentioned in other posting and gave them my VIN but got no info. I thought it might be too soon for them to have this info in their database so I thought I'd give BMWNA a call. According to the rep I just got off the phone with, they have no ability to tell me what transport company was used and no ability to track the shipment until it arrives in the preparation center in the U.S.

I'm guessing I got the short straw and didn't get the right person on the phone. Can someone give me some pointers on how to ferret this information out so I can have a better idea of when I'll be seeing my new car?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

- Bryan
Old 05-07-2007, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I assume you read the FAQ about tracking:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2115

Keep in mind that the car might be "awaiting transport" for a week or more so don't be discouraged just yet. Most of us that ordered cars know how nerve-wracking the wait can be so hang in there! Now's a good time to read the .pdf owner's manual (again if you've already read it) or just browse the forums some more.

Come June, I'll be going through the same thing (again...)
Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i sport, Titanium Silver

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='421809' date='May 7 2007, 09:33 AM
I assume you read the FAQ about tracking:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2115

Keep in mind that the car might be "awaiting transport" for a week or more so don't be discouraged just yet. Most of us that ordered cars know how nerve-wracking the wait can be so hang in there! Now's a good time to read the .pdf owner's manual (again if you've already read it) or just browse the forums some more.

Come June, I'll be going through the same thing (again...)
Thanks. I had checked the sites listed here but my VIN isn't coming up. Must just be too soon. Wish BMWNA could at least tell me which carrier they are using. It's pretty absurd that they can't (or did I just get a bad rep on the phone)?

Does anyone know if the '08 owner's manual PDF is available yet? I'm not seeing it on the Owner's Circle site but you guys tend to be more up to date than they are!

Thanks again,
Bryan
Old 05-07-2007, 08:40 PM
CWG
Members

My Ride: 08 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, sport package, steptronic

You need to call your dealer and ask them to print out and pdf to you a copy of the car status sheet. It will show the carrier and name of the vessle once it is known. There is at least one carrier that has no tracking information, which I know because they shipped my car with them. My car went from the dock to the boat pretty quickly. Its 28 days on the water to the west coast and about a week or so to the east coast. My experience was that the Owners Circle is a week or so out of date most of the time. Once you are at the dock, your dealer will be the best bet to track the car. My car was at the VPC for almost a month. I had anticipated it would be only a couple of days, which made the wait for the last 28 days very painful. They just released my car and it is supposed to be on its way to the boat to Hawaii with an ETA of May 18th.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bceverly' post='421815' date='May 7 2007, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know if the '08 owner's manual PDF is available yet? I'm not seeing it on the Owner's Circle site but you guys tend to be more up to date than they are!

Thanks again,
Bryan
The 2008 US owner's manual is already available on e60.net in the information section (not the forums.)

Take a look at the following page, in the "current owners" section:
http://www.e60.net/information/
Old 05-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Senior Members

Talking

Originally Posted by bceverly' post='421808' date='May 7 2007, 08:09 AM
Hello,

As of Friday, the BMW Owner's Circle website showed that my new car went from "Scheduled for Production" to "Awaiting Transport". I got really excited as I now have a VIN and thought (based on other postings I read here) that I could start tracking my car as it makes its journey across the Atlantic.

I first hit some of the websites mentioned in other posting and gave them my VIN but got no info. I thought it might be too soon for them to have this info in their database so I thought I'd give BMWNA a call. According to the rep I just got off the phone with, they have no ability to tell me what transport company was used and no ability to track the shipment until it arrives in the preparation center in the U.S.

I'm guessing I got the short straw and didn't get the right person on the phone. Can someone give me some pointers on how to ferret this information out so I can have a better idea of when I'll be seeing my new car?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

- Bryan
U can do 2-things
1) call bmw customer service , give your info.,they can provide UR VIN
2) On Owners circle, , on left- down- click 'review order detail'- this will give UR production # ,VIN and Status of your car

It will work,Good Luck