E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

If you can't afford gas, don't drive.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i
Default If you can't afford gas, don't drive.

And if you can't afford to buy a gas cap, take the bus. What is the world coming to!?

Damn, I am more pissed off because they scratched the edge of my gas door with a prying instrument.

Some losers could not afford gas and decided steal mine. I don't think they took much or any... Or maybe, they are too incompetent to do it right.

Anyways, they scratched the edge of the gas door and stole my gas cap (filler cap). Assh@le!

If anyone has one available to sell, please let me know ASAP! Otherwise, I will just go to ebays or amazon.com.

It's for a 2006 BMW 530i.

Thanks,

Daniel
Old 10-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

Now, I am even more disguised; just found out it only cost like $22. I thought it was going to cost like $100 or more...

Originally Posted by E60I
And if you can't afford to buy a gas cap, take the bus. What is the world coming to!?

Damn, I am more pissed off because they scratched the edge of my gas door with a prying instrument.

Some losers could not afford gas and decided steal mine. I don't think they took much or any... Or maybe, they are too incompetent to do it right.

Anyways, they scratched the edge of the gas door and stole my gas cap (filler cap). Assh@le!

If anyone has one available to sell, please let me know ASAP! Otherwise, I will just go to ebays or amazon.com.

It's for a 2006 BMW 530i.

Thanks,

Daniel
Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was your alarm set? I'm surprised that someone could pry open the cap.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

I believe it was set like usual. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone is brave or stupid enough to siphon gas on what appears to be a normal side street. I think he wanted the gas cap. How pathetic can that be!?

Now, even when the alarm is set, the gas door can be opened by pushing it in once. Before, the gas door could not be opened when the alarm is set. Can anyone please show me how to fix that?

Originally Posted by jgbmw
Was your alarm set? I'm surprised that someone could pry open the cap.

Last edited by E60I; 10-09-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

That would be my guess that the thief wanted the cap since this is missing. Just can't imagine stealing the gas and then taking the cap unless they needed that too. Several years ago my wife needed to go into her office on a Sat. and was the only car in the lot. She had actually filled up the previous day and still had nearly a full tank. When she returned to her car at noon to leave the gas light was illuminated ! She called and actually needed to stop for fuel before coming home. I looked at the gas door and everything and found nothing. These guys were clearly professionals.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Members

with doors locked my gas door can not be opened by just pushing it...don't ask how i know
Old 10-10-2012, 04:10 AM
Members
Senior Members

When I bought the car brand new and paid cash for it, I used to feel special about owning one. Naive as it may sounds, this incidence has really changed my point of view.

The courteous bastard even kept the gas door opened to forewarn me to buy another "fuel filler cap" ASAP. I am guessing he is a BMW owner who lives in that neighborhood. lol

The amateur also damaged my "fuel door actuator". It does not lock anymore when the alarm is set.

Anyways, I just wanted to vent and share what I've learnt about other parts that are involved. And several language versions of cursing when someone's f#cking with my baby. With that said, I going to patent a gas door sticker that says:

Warning: low on gas, don't bother...

Originally Posted by tonyb635
That would be my guess that the thief wanted the cap since this is missing. Just can't imagine stealing the gas and then taking the cap unless they needed that too. Several years ago my wife needed to go into her office on a Sat. and was the only car in the lot. She had actually filled up the previous day and still had nearly a full tank. When she returned to her car at noon to leave the gas light was illuminated ! She called and actually needed to stop for fuel before coming home. I looked at the gas door and everything and found nothing. These guys were clearly professionals.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Senior Members

that sucks.......the other day I found my drivers side kidney grill pulled out from the bottom 2 clips only, the same side that has my self made ram air........hmmm would only a BMW owner try to steal this?? what fckn lowlifes if so!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:01 AM
Members
Senior Members

Mine closes/latches up, but does not lock with alarm activated. I think they broke the pin or something when they pryed open the "gas door".

I don't mind if they steal my gas. I just don't want anyone to put sugar or water in my gas tank.

Originally Posted by paul-g
with doors locked my gas door can not be opened by just pushing it...don't ask how i know
Old 10-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Members
Senior Members

I guess the economy is affecting everyone? The ones who steal might have the money but prefer to not spend? If so, that's a poor mentality. I hate to imagine where they would take their girls out on a date.

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
that sucks.......the other day I found my drivers side kidney grill pulled out from the bottom 2 clips only, the same side that has my self made ram air........hmmm would only a BMW owner try to steal this?? what fckn lowlifes if so!

Quick Reply: If you can't afford gas, don't drive.