E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

If it's not one thing it's anotha!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.
Unhappy

I get the car back today from upgrading the CIP. Well I thought it was anyway. The FTM is active again!! The daytime running lights are functioning.BUT there's no option in the lights menu to control the off/on!!! There are times I want the lights..DAYTIME, but not at night. I need JUST the angel eyes and fogs on at night. Can't turn off the running lights!!! A few more scratches than what I went in with!! The molding was redone, but NOT to original standards. Last but not least, then attempted to charge me to put on wheel locks.........$30 plus tax. Could have gotten it done in my hood for 7 bucks, and I cried about THAT!! They decided NOT to charge me. I had no problem paying for the programming, BUT!!!!
Decided to go with the dealership that installed my AUX from now on. There's not many perks though...not many loaners, no FREE Enterprise Rental for backup and NO FREE breakfast..........OHHH WELLL. Rather have my car done right.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Thought Philly was the cith of brotherly love?
Old 03-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Contributors

I don't get it...were you getting this work done at the dealer where you bought the car? If so, it should have all been under warranty...except for the wheel locks.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by pro2cer' post='397921' date='Mar 2 2007, 09:13 PM
I get the car back today from upgrading the CIP. Well I thought it was anyway. The FTM is active again!! The daytime running lights are functioning.BUT there's no option in the lights menu to control the off/on!!! There are times I want the lights..DAYTIME, but not at night. I need JUST the angel eyes and fogs on at night. Can't turn off the running lights!!! A few more scratches than what I went in with!! The molding was redone, but NOT to original standards. Last but not least, then attempted to charge me to put on wheel locks.........$30 plus tax. Could have gotten it done in my hood for 7 bucks, and I cried about THAT!! They decided NOT to charge me. I had no problem paying for the programming, BUT!!!!
Decided to go with the dealership that installed my AUX from now on. There's not many perks though...not many loaners, no FREE Enterprise Rental for backup and NO FREE breakfast..........OHHH WELLL. Rather have my car done right.

You need to reset the FTM. reset it in the iDrive and drive for about 7 miles... it should go away.

As far as I know DRLs are not adjustable by us (the owner) in North America. Can only be done by the dealer. Have them turn it off if they goofed and turned them on for you. it takes less than 5 mins. I've seen it done.

As for driving with only angel eyes and fogs at night... HAHAHAHHA No comment on that. I can hear you getting yelled at already...

Wheel locks... why did you even ask them to put them on? why did you even buy them from the dealer? I would have done it in my driveway myself.

And loner... its all about the dealer... some have loners some dont... individually owned... individually operated...
Old 03-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='397934' date='Mar 3 2007, 05:50 AM
As for driving with only angel eyes and fogs at night... HAHAHAHHA No comment on that. I can hear you getting yelled at already...
In very very thick fog, I can see it would make sense. If done for posing, well, each to his own, and happy accidents.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by pro2cer' post='397921' date='Mar 3 2007, 12:13 AM
The daytime running lights are functioning.BUT there's no option in the lights menu to control the off/on!!! There are times I want the lights..DAYTIME, but not at night. I need JUST the angel eyes and fogs on at night. Can't turn off the running lights!!!
Yeah...you're a tard for endangering yourself and others if that is all you drive with at night. :thumbsdown:
Old 03-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Members

My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.
Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='398018' date='Mar 3 2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah...you're a tard for endangering yourself and others if that is all you drive with at night. :thumbsdown:
Actually in philly theres mucho lighting on the streets I drive,. that's why I use the angel eyes. NEVER been pulled over, and the police likes them!!!!!!!!! When venturing on a dark road of course I use the full lighting. Big City baby.

You called me a tard, hilarious, wait until I tell my homie. That's funny.....I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='397934' date='Mar 3 2007, 12:50 AM
You need to reset the FTM. reset it in the iDrive and drive for about 7 miles... it should go away.

As far as I know DRLs are not adjustable by us (the owner) in North America. Can only be done by the dealer. Have them turn it off if they goofed and turned them on for you. it takes less than 5 mins. I've seen it done.

Wheel locks... why did you even ask them to put them on? why did you even buy them from the dealer? I would have done it in my driveway myself.

And loner... its all about the dealer... some have loners some dont... individually owned... individually operated...
Thanks, but the FTM is fine. It just wasn't showing up in the menu as highlighted as when I bought the car.
Tha daytime running lights has an on/off selection switch in the lighting menu, under the 3 way flashing thingy, saw a pic of it here on the site. The lights are working but the control is not there. There has to be a time you can drive with just the angel's and fogs on right?........have to be.....right? Well, that's when I DON'T want the DAYTIME RUNNING lights on.

You're right about the wheel locks, I was gonna do it in the garage. But since the car was going in anyway, I figured it would be cool to just make the request. If they told me from the door that there would be a charge, I would have declined. They didn't bill me til AFTER the jobs were done. I bought the locks from Gary at Newport along with the Homelink, mats and other stuff.

Thanks for your reply, at least you didn't call me a "TARD"....... That's funny!!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by pro2cer' post='398121' date='Mar 3 2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks, but the FTM is fine. It just wasn't showing up in the menu as highlighted as when I bought the car.
Tha daytime running lights has an on/off selection switch in the lighting menu, under the 3 way flashing thingy, saw a pic of it here on the site. The lights are working but the control is not there. There has to be a time you can drive with just the angel's and fogs on right?........have to be.....right? Well, that's when I DON'T want the DAYTIME RUNNING lights on.
Oh the FTM isnt highlighted? as in you cant select it? ya thats an error.

But as for the selection switch for DRLs in the iDrive... ya there are pics floating around where the driver can select it... but... thats for European versions. I havent seen it for the Americas... and being in Philly I think you have an american version of the E60 so you wont be able to enble and disable the DRLs at will.

Hummm ya I guess there HAS to be a time where you can use the angel eyes + fog only... but thats soooooo rare... and they way you first presented it it sounded like you use angel eyes and fogs ONLY when driving at night just to "be cool"
Old 03-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

That would be my pic and I'm here in the State... (diggin' out from the Midwest Blizzard actually)... not sure what my CIP version I got but I had DRL selection from the get go:

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='398125' date='Mar 3 2007, 04:06 PM
[...]
But as for the selection switch for DRLs in the iDrive... ya there are pics floating around where the driver can select it... but... thats for European versions. I havent seen it for the Americas... and being in Philly I think you have an american version of the E60 so you wont be able to enble and disable the DRLs at will.
[...]

Quick Reply: If it's not one thing it's anotha!!