E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Identify xenons

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Saphirschwarz, Truffelbraun interior with antthrazit roof - Heated comfort seats, Sunshades, Lateral airbags, Pro Navigation, Head-Up display, PDC, Sports steering wheel, 138 rims with run flats, Built in SE P800

Hi to you all

Just picked up my 535d she's gorgeous that's for sure!

But the salesman mentioned that I had Xenon's but I'm sure I did not order them...

He mentioned:

- The halo's
- cut out for the head light washers
- the fact that there ain't no wheel to adjust the beam height (when heavy loaded...)

Do I or do I not have the xenon lights ??

Ofcourse i wouldn't mind if i got them
Old 08-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Senior Members

Take a look at them? They should have a blueish hue.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Musezic' date='Aug 17 2005, 04:47 PM
Hi to you all

Just picked up my 535d she's gorgeous that's for sure!

But the salesman mentioned that I had Xenon's but I'm sure I did not order them...

He mentioned:

- The halo's
- cut out for the head light washers
- the fact that there ain't no wheel to adjust the beam height (when heavy loaded...)

Do I or do I not have the xenon lights ??

Ofcourse i wouldn't mind if i got them
[snapback]160252[/snapback]
I think the saleman is right. I've the same car model with the same option and ordered in BENELUX also. The washing system is only mandatory in our countries for the Xenon which are using all their efficiency as soon as there is dust in front of the lens. You clearly see you have this with te cutted squares that are in front of the front headlights. The adjusment wheel is actually not present because at any time a system adjusts the vertical direction of your headlight (also horizontaly if you ordered the optional curve adjustment module) so you do not injure the people coming from the oposite direction (due to the lens and the extra white beam, having that in the face is an horror; maybe you have experienced this with the not quick enough renault Xenon system coming from the opposite direction). Finally, a very simple way is to look at your headlights, the biggest ring, If there is a diverging lens (like a camera lens) in the middle, it is xenon; if you have a simple metalic parabolic converging surface like the light in the middle of the small ring, it is classical halogen bulb. Other indication : open the engine compartment and look at the headlights from above. You should see indications such as (be carreful, high voltage or so to warn you that you should not replace them alone without knowing what you are doing not to have an electric schock (very high intensity)).

Finally, Ask your dealer to compare with a 5 with classical halogen lights in the showroom / you ll see imediately the difference.

When my car was delivered, I got the same type of question for the HiFi system. Experience show taht there is always a -simple- way to figure out if you have an option or not.

This question appeal another : have you also the pre-ventilation with chronometer in your AC menu???

CU
Old 08-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Open the hood. If there is a warning label about high voltage on or very near the headlights then you have Xenon
Old 08-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Xenon vs. non. Look at the centers of the lights.
Attached Thumbnails Identify xenons-xenon_non.jpg  
Old 08-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Huh, yea it's pretty apparent. The xenons have a projector mounted inside the housing. Regular halogens don't have the projector, you can see the bulb clearly in the halogen housing.

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Aug 17 2005, 03:22 PM
Xenon vs. non.? Look at the centers of the lights.
[snapback]160360[/snapback]
Old 08-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

If theres no adjustment wheel in the car then you have them