E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ice warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 06:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

I dont think I will see that, unless Im doing some skiin' in the local mountains or up at Mamoth.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:52 AM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Anyone know how to adjust the loudness of the "ding" for the snowflake warning?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Senior Members

The volume is not adjustable, AFAIK. IMHO it's a very useful feature, as it will notify you when there could be a risk of ice on the road - something you don't always pay attention to yourself on longer trips.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vnod' post='202632' date='Nov 23 2005, 04:59 PM
Not in Phoenix.

DonV,

I actually got an ICE warning this morning. I believe it is the little snowflake that appears in the display. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe my temp read something like 35-38 this morning when it happened.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

I doesn?t work on my car. Today when I first started the car i had +5,5 celcius and drowed to my work. Now when i started the car it was +-0 celsius and no warning. :'( I need that notify if there is a risk of ice on the road especialy on longer trips. And my Idrive also restarted today twice
Old 11-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

Originally Posted by vnod' post='202632' date='Nov 23 2005, 04:59 PM
Not in Phoenix.
Hey vnod - mine has gone off the last couple of mornings (it was down to 33 on Monday!) Jon.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Worked in mine for first time. I had to go WAY north to BMW Spartanburg, SC for 6er DE. I got as firsts: The ICE warning, an AS Hydraulic warning - STOP do not drive (stopped and restarted and warning went away never to return yet), and my very first iDrive reboot all on it's own accord. I attribute all three events to the cold Wx. One normal event and two hopefully not to repeat in the warm confines of Florida
Old 12-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

cobradav, can you be more specific on the AS hydraulic warning you got?

I've been getting a steering warning each morning as I leave the house (cold car) and after a minute or two, I can restart the car and I won't see it again. Maybe the fluid is marginally low and setting off some sort of sensor?

Here's the exact warning messages I get:

The HUD shows "Steering! Stop vehicle carefully."

The CID shows "Steering fault. Possible hazard from fluid loss in steering or suspension hydraulic system. Do not continue driving. Please contact the nearest BMW center."

I'm hoping to setup a service appointment in the next week or so and I imagine this might go away with a top off of fluid -- anyone else ever see this message?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMW530' post='204030
I know it is getting a bit annoying seeing that everyday now. What's more annoying is that I have to get the frost off the windscreen every morning. (you know what it's like when you're rushing to work every morning. <_< Even a normal cheap 15 year old Ford is equiped with heated windscreen........

As I know some model is equiped with Auxilary heater which allows you to set the timer to heat the car up. Well, I'm told by the dealer ths option is not available on petrol models. < It is true???
Heated front windscreens (thin tiny elements on windscreen) are apparently a patent by Ford. This is the reason why they only occur on Ford cars. Obviously they can occur on Ford owned companies like Jaguar. Its a very useful feature as I had it on my Mondeo a few years ago.
[/quote]
Also available on the Landrover LR3 ...
Old 12-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='205867' date='Dec 1 2005, 07:53 PM
cobradav, can you be more specific on the AS hydraulic warning you got?

I've been getting a steering warning each morning as I leave the house (cold car) and after a minute or two, I can restart the car and I won't see it again. Maybe the fluid is marginally low and setting off some sort of sensor?

Here's the exact warning messages I get:

The HUD shows "Steering! Stop vehicle carefully."

The CID shows "Steering fault. Possible hazard from fluid loss in steering or suspension hydraulic system. Do not continue driving. Please contact the nearest BMW center."

I'm hoping to setup a service appointment in the next week or so and I imagine this might go away with a top off of fluid -- anyone else ever see this message?
Yea Rudy, exact same warning. Since it did go away and in another 7 days driving, including a couple more overnight lows of 20-24 degrees, no reoccurrences I thought no more of it. But I am scheduled for oil change next week so I will include it on my list as well.

Quick Reply: Ice warning